Does a bidet attachment for a commode exist?

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Don't know if this is the best place to post this and obviously don't want 'adverts', but would just like to know if such a thing exists and if there's an organisation where I might be able to acquire one from?

It's not actually for someone with dementia, but my elderly mother-in-law, who we also care for. She simply won't eat enough 'bulk' to have proper bowel movements and we're dealing with a lot of extra washing because her stools have become very loose and can 'leak' when she moves. After yesterday's clean up I put her in some pull-ups and she hit the roof- still got all her marbles and said she wasn't ready for those yet.

Anyone got any ideas.
Mods please feel free to move this post if you know of a better place to post or edit but help me find out how to get some info on this.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
May not be exactly what you're looking for but during a recent bout of diarrhoea I had to use the shower hose in the walk in shower to keep my husband clean. He was very unwell and went along with it. Your MIL may be feistier!

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
If you go to the Age UK site and search for 'bidet pan' you will find one for £6.99. Sorry - I can't post a link as I haven't posted enough messages!

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
You're brilliant.

I found bidets to fit over a toilet but mother-in-law hasn't been able to use one of those in over 10 years. Nor the stand-in shower (she has a bed bath), so it has to be one which fits into the pan in a commode.
Not too expensive and possibly use with a plant sprayer type thing 'for out of reach places' from the bowl may well solve some of the problem.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
An empty washing up liquid bottle filled with warm soapy water works quite well, attach a piece of plastic pipe (from a DIY shop), hold the bottle upside down, squeeze and point.
K

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I can't remember where I picked the tip up but it works.
Empty washing up liquid bottle, maybe it was on Blue Peter along with making an Advent calendar from coat hangers and tinsel.:D
K

That did make me laugh. When John had his diarrhoea I didn't have enough pull ups and made nappies with old tea towels and plastic bags with the corners cut off. When his CPN came she asked me if I watched a lot of a Blue Peter! The reality of dealing with it wasn't quite so funny I can tell you.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
The reality of dealing with it wasn't quite so funny I can tell you.

I know what you mean, I helped the carers change my wife today, first time in a few weeks and it did bring it all back to me. It was everywhere right down to in her slippers. Fortunately the have some well equipped wet rooms which is much easier than when she was at home and I had to change her in the shower, plus there were 3 of us. I'm still washing my hands now.
K