Do you also worry ?

Worried Milly

Feb 19, 2009
My husband turned 65 a few days ago. He has lived in a dementia home for the past 18 months now as I was unable to look after him and still continue to work. It has been 8 years of hell so far for myself and all our children.

Quite soon after he was diagnosed I found myself worrying about me. My memory - every day I would question myself - little things - what was I doing in the kitchen ? where did I put the note book ? what was the name of his second-cousin and so on. I thought this quite normal considering what was going on in my life - but years later I continue to question myself on a daily basis ! and the more I question, the more I seem to forget !!

I work full time in a responsible job and no one other than me is pointing fingers at me - not even my children (as far as I am aware).

Does anyone else do this please ? Do you question your own memories all the time ?

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I certainly did for a while. My own mother began with dementia at the age of 60 and died at 68 unable to talk, knowing no one, eating pureed food, doubly incontinent, .

So yes I worried especially as I got near to 60.

Now I am 74 and caring for a husband with dementia, no real signs of dementia myself, apart from odd lapses of memory which I nw put down to stress.

I do a lot of mind exercises, puzzles, sodoku etc, and games on internet, especially memory games. So it is still in my mind about dementia.

Jeannette

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
First i want to tell you im sorry for what youre going thru. Then i want to reassure you that we all forget. This desease is so prevelent that everyntime someone forgets something , right aay they think the worst. When i metn my husbnd he was writing. He was writing so he wouldnt forget. We raisied children together, weve been together forever, but if he doesnrt write it down, forget it. Even if he writes it down he forgets to read it. Hes fine. He has a heart condition, but thats under control. I misplaced my visa card 1 time.i was sitting here and i didnt move and yet it took me an hr to find it. It was right there. I even know w dr who misplaced his car keys and got scared. We should not feel that way. We must have hope this desease wiull be wiped off the face of the earth. In hope im alive to see that. I lostbmy mother to alzeimers and my father to cancer. What can be worse? Still we must have faith, dont worry. Youll be fine. I feel forn what youre going thru, but youre ok. Please excuse my mistakes. I need another eye surgery. I hope i helped a little.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandzz