Do I need to prepare myself?

Kateyjk

Apr 3, 2014
I have just received a call from the hospital to tell me that they are concerned about my mums now state and that she is very frail. She was sectioned nearly two months ago and has been diagnosed with both Alziemers and Vascular Dementia which at 66 is very young.

A few weeks ago, her medication was reduced as it was making her heavily sedated and sleepy. However, she has been off this now for nearly two weeks and has had no change.

The hospital are now saying they are concerned with how frail she is and want to move her to the main hospital for further tests on her physical being to make sure they aren't mission anything.

Do I need to be more concerned? Can't help but feel that they have rang me to tell me to prepare myself and with living 250 miles away, it's a hard call to hear.

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
sorry to hear your news kate what a worry for you. does your mum have anyone close that could go to hospital an speak with the consultant in charge of your mums case an find out whats going on. does mum normally live on her own before she was admitted to hospital? I do hope someone can offer you some constructive advise soon. juniepoonie x