Do I have dementia

nixsonbabe69

Mar 26, 2024
My name is Edie Walton I work as a direct support professional. I have problems with my hands they hurts so bad and it's only in my pointing and middle fingers but by them two fingers down below in palm there is a hard round thing that only gets harder and bigger doing the work I do it's very hard at times to even get them to even move I can't close my hands and at times I can't move any of my fingers I also have a problem gripping anything cups, plates even holding a spoon or fork God I hurt but I just try to ignore the pain and keep working but I don't know how Long I can hold on my doctor says he thinks it's my diabetes and said it is norropthy but I don't tingle just hurts bad I have norropthy in my legs and it's totally different pain please help me out by giving me suggestions???? 😭

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @nixsonbabe69 and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about the pain you are in but we are not able to provide medical advice here. Pain in the hands/joints is not indicative of dementia, so it's best to go back to your doctor who may be able to arrange tests to help diagnose the problem and can provide pain relief too. If you feel that your pain is related to the work that you do then you could perhaps ask your employer for an occupational health assessment, if that is a service they provide. You could also seek a second opinion if you are not happy with your current doctor's advice and diagnosis. Hope this helps.