Deputyship forms for Property and Finance

Such confusion

Nov 26, 2023
Hi . Has anyone in England ever filled these forms in themselves ? I’m having difficulty understanding what information to fill in on COP1A Section 6. Is there anyone here who can advise me ? I’ve read the notes and am none the wiser and can’t get through on the phone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sue741215

Oct 18, 2019
Have you considered contacting Citizen's advice - they do help with form filling and may be able to help you with deputyship forms.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Such confusion I can't help with your query as I'm not familiar with the Deputyship process but I know that other members here do have experience so someone will hopefully be along soon to help. I had LPA for my mum and found that emailing the OPG customer services team was better than trying to get through on the phone and I usually received a reply to my queries within 7-10 days. Might be worth a try:

customerservices@publicguardian.gov.uk

Such confusion

Nov 26, 2023
Hello @Such confusion I can't help with your query as I'm not familiar with the Deputyship process but I know that other members here do have experience so someone will hopefully be along soon to help. I had LPA for my mum and found that emailing the OPG customer services team was better than trying to get through on the phone and I usually received a reply to my queries within 7-10 days. Might be worth a try:

customerservices@publicguardian.gov.uk
Thanks. I emailed them five days ago so will just have to be patient. Tried twice on the phone with no luck.

thistlejak

Jun 6, 2020
Hi @Such confusion - just checked my old documents for our Deputyship applications for MIL & FIL in 2019 - in our first application we used COP1A section 6 to tell them that we knew that there were other bank/building society accounts but couldn't access them without the interim order that we were requesting - our second application in 2020 - to be able to sell the house ( couldn't include this in first application as we didn't know who 'owned' the house without the deeds and needed the court order to get them from the bank) - we put that they were both subject to a COP Deputyship order and gave them the other's case number.

Hop this helps a bit

Such confusion

Nov 26, 2023
Hi @Such confusion - just checked my old documents for our Deputyship applications for MIL & FIL in 2019 - in our first application we used COP1A section 6 to tell them that we knew that there were other bank/building society accounts but couldn't access them without the interim order that we were requesting - our second application in 2020 - to be able to sell the house ( couldn't include this in first application as we didn't know who 'owned' the house without the deeds and needed the court order to get them from the bank) - we put that they were both subject to a COP Deputyship order and gave them the other's case number.

Hop this helps a bit
Thanks so much for that information. Gives me a better idea of what is required.