Dementia Support in Hungary

Arina

My 76-year-old husband has vascular dementia - diagnosed 6 years ago. We live in Szeged, Hungary, a 2-hour drive from Budapest. We do not speak the Hungarian language, i.e. Magyar. I've been searching all over the internet for caregiver support in the Szeged area, e.g. support on an ad hoc basis to introduce someone other than myself as the sole caregiver or to assist with the daily incontinence and hygiene issues, etc. However, I've had no success. So to conclude: Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Who, Where, What in Szeged... or in Hungary...?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
There’s mention of a helpline in this. Part of the information is in English but I’m not sure if the helpline is.

I see there’s an Expat Facebook group - Expats in Hungary - apologies If you are already aware of it. I wondered if anyone who uses that group would have some information.

Last edited:

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Amazes me what the people on here can do sometimes, well done Izzy and hello and welcome from me Arina it can't be easy for you. You'll find a lot of help on here, caring doesn't do international borders it's universal. K