Dementia Awareness Week in Scotland

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by EmJ, Apr 21, 2008.

1. EmJ

EmJ Registered User

Sep 26, 2007
    Scotland
    Can anyone tell me the dates of this years dementia awareness week in Scotland? Last year it was in June - is it the same this year?

I know the Alzheimer's Society have there awareness week in July but I think Alzheimer Scotland have their week in June.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

EmJ:)

2. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Hi EmJ

The Dementia Awareness conference is on 2nd June, so I presume that's the week.

Are you planning anything exciting?

3. EmJ

EmJ Registered User

Sep 26, 2007
    Scotland
    Thanks Hazel. Had tea break last year and sold quiz sheets/ raffle tickets. I know they are doing 'Fancy a Curry?' this year which is a good idea. But wasn't sure about dates for the week.

My Dad is a member of Alz Scotland - they will probably send out info about fundraising/raffle tickets - confirming the dates soon. There are so many charity events happening you sometimes need to plan in advance the best time to hold your event...

EmJ :)

4. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    I'm a member too, but the only thing I've seen is the flier for the conference.

What's Fancy a curry?

5. EmJ

EmJ Registered User

Sep 26, 2007
    Scotland
    My Dad got a leaflet through about it when he sent off for some information booklets recently.

The new fundraising initiative is 'Care for a curry?' It encourages people to have a curry party at home or at work and raise money for the charity.

There is a website www.careforacurry.org or email careforacurry@alzscot.org to get an information pack.

They send you invitations, posters, balloons, recipes etc so it's all done for you basically.

EmJ :)

6. EmJ

EmJ Registered User

Sep 26, 2007
    Scotland
    Dementia Awareness Week in Scotland: 1 June - 8 June 2008.

EmJ:)