Dementia Awareness Week in Scotland

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
Can anyone tell me the dates of this years dementia awareness week in Scotland? Last year it was in June - is it the same this year?

I know the Alzheimer's Society have there awareness week in July but I think Alzheimer Scotland have their week in June.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

EmJ:)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi EmJ

The Dementia Awareness conference is on 2nd June, so I presume that's the week.

Are you planning anything exciting?

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
Thanks Hazel. Had tea break last year and sold quiz sheets/ raffle tickets. I know they are doing 'Fancy a Curry?' this year which is a good idea. But wasn't sure about dates for the week.

My Dad is a member of Alz Scotland - they will probably send out info about fundraising/raffle tickets - confirming the dates soon. There are so many charity events happening you sometimes need to plan in advance the best time to hold your event...

EmJ :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I'm a member too, but the only thing I've seen is the flier for the conference.

What's Fancy a curry?

EmJ

Sep 26, 2007
Scotland
My Dad got a leaflet through about it when he sent off for some information booklets recently.

The new fundraising initiative is 'Care for a curry?' It encourages people to have a curry party at home or at work and raise money for the charity.

There is a website www.careforacurry.org or email careforacurry@alzscot.org to get an information pack.

They send you invitations, posters, balloons, recipes etc so it's all done for you basically.

EmJ :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC