deep sleep?

totallyconfused

Apr 18, 2016
My mother goes in to a deep sleep but wakes up to use toilet but cant stand up when she tries and eyes stay closed. I bring commode close to her and we make it with a second to spare usually. Shes heavy to move and her head rests on my shoulder as I sit her down. Cant describe the heavy weight and shes small-5 foot/7 stone.then back in bed and straight back to snoring.

Its been last this for just over a week-started the night after a seizure.

We give her a rivotril .5 tablet around 7 ish and its hit and miss whether she sleepsfrom 7-1am but from 1am until 8am shes in a deep sleep bar the toilet.

Also mentioned sleep apnea is also happening in another thread.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
My OH falls into a deep sleep, the hospital even asked me about it, as they said they hadn't seen it before (to be fair to them there isn't an appropriate ward in our hospital for him so their understanding of dementia was poor). Usually it's because he's either dehydrated (in hospital) or has an infection. He also will keep his eyes tightly shut. He finishes a course of ABs today for a chest infection, he was wide awake Friday but deely asleep yesterday. Warning bells went off this morning and I called 111. Out of Hours came and yep chest clear but now has a UTI so another week of ABs.

Last edited: