Deep breathing required...

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by SugarRay, Sep 14, 2015.

1. SugarRay

SugarRay Registered User

May 5, 2014
    Sunny South East
    So... we are now on our spare spare glasses after losing the previous 2, waiting for the dentist after losing dentures and now lost the TV remote....The only thing that did eventually turned up...

I'm losing the will!!

SR

2. ellejay

ellejay Registered User

Jan 28, 2011
    Essex
    Can't help with the glasses & dentures, but, we were so cheesed off with mums remote going missing, we bought a "flipper" remote (Quite distinctive) & fixed a retractable key ring to it (extends about 2ft) then screwed it to the radiator cover (near her chair) & superglued the screw.

3 months on, it's still here Yay!!! :)

Lin x

3. SugarRay

SugarRay Registered User

May 5, 2014
    Sunny South East
    Sorry for the delay in replying, Thanks for the idea I'm seriously looking into it!! :D

4. Quilty

Quilty Registered User

Aug 28, 2014
    GLASGOW
    I dread to think how many times I have hunted for - glasses, hearing aids, purse.

Im like a bloodhound now. :eek:

5. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    #5 Grey Lad, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    I know just what you mean. You need the skills of a detective to find missing gear here. G L

Edit: My OH has just put her ointment for her sore mouth in a safe place. I wondered what I was going to do with myself now she has gone to bed.:D

6. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    I swear that there is a black hole in the middle of my house. Things disappear into it never to be seen again

7. banger696

banger696 Registered User

Sep 17, 2015
    North East
    We're still missing 3 nighties and the dog chewed up mums top set of dentures. Dentist turned up wednesday not getting the message that mum is in hospital. I keep finding her hairbrush on the hospital window when I visit her.