Dear Team its been a year with mum. Ive battled to get her the right care using my LPA. Shes finally in a care home near myself.

population11

Feb 29, 2024
My mother has lost her home to her elder son and was paying the home from my mums pension and benefits. I've informed Public Guardian of her new address and redirected her pension and benefits into a secure account. It's been hell battling her son. I had to place safeguarding, social workers in place so he doesn't leave her alone in London out of reach and no visits. I've just had the Public of Guardian inform me her son has contested my LPA. I spent all morning writing back with answers to their questions. I feel broken and exhausted. LPA was requested by the Social Workers at the time in December and helped me protect and have a say in her health. I believe my mother's pension is at risk. Your advise is very much needed

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hello @population11 This sounds like a very complicated issue and I am so sorry that you are having to deal with it. I would suggest that you contact the Alzheimer's Society's support line for advice. I have attached their details below.

population11

Feb 29, 2024
Hello @population11 This sounds like a very complicated issue and I am so sorry that you are having to deal with it. I would suggest that you contact the Alzheimer's Society's support line for advice. I have attached their details below.

Thank you so much. I think I will x

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deirdra