Dear Diary!

jennifer1967

i have found some of savers toiletries are actually cheaper than poundland. i do go in and have a mooch. i think iceland has taken over FF. we are a big city with different regions having their own shops so have a good choice. i have to go where they deliver and shop online for the weekly shop. ive done it for about 4 years. i tend not to spend too much as im not roving around the aisles.

sdmhred

Yes I’ve used Savers in the past - sadly boo for us living in posh Surrey land now tho - we don’t have local access to these bargain shops 😢 I’m thankful for Olio - I often pick up things on my way home from seeing mum. All left out on someone’s doorstep in a box with my name on. Completely free, preventing waste and often the fresh veggies which I like aren’t snapped up!

DeeCee7

That reminds me of a remark my stepmother once made as we drove through an area with a high proportion of Polish people. She pointed out the names of some of the shops and said wonderingly “ why are there so many shops selling polish?”

nitram

Never mind FF for blueberries.
Just had a surprise free delivery in my back garden
P1020265.JPG
No likely source nearby, must have travelled some distance.

Eddcorner

I've been very busy of late, managed four outings with mum last week... but for the last seven days has been all about supporting mum with her RA probs as a consequence of being so active. However mum believes it was a price worth paying, her mental acuity has skyrocketed and she's desperate to improve wherever she can. The left hand is loosening up somewhat to offer more functionality but now her right shoulder as well as the left has tightened a touch. Overall progress is promising though, seasonal influences and all that; after several months of retiring to bed early we're going to bed later finally and rising consistently at 8.30am, makes a world of difference. Hey we even liberated some giant daisies from the park!!

Eddcorner

You & your mum doing great!
Keep doing whatever you can as long as you can @Eddcorner.
Thanks @Chizz I'll be sure to pass that onto mum, our plans are certainly more hit & miss these days but she remains determined to maximise whatever potential she does have. Entering our tenth year together come July (post-official diagnosis of 2014)... she continues to inspire me ❤

Eddcorner

You're doing great @Eddcorner (I'm only at 7 + 1/4 years, but we can't go anywhere since my OH became bedbound.)
Thank you my friend :)

It can be very frustrating for everyone involved in this type of 'journey' @Chizz, moreso for you and your's ❤ ... we're exceptionally lucky to still have the opportunities rare that they are to trundle forth. Hmm I'll never understand the time thingy either but rather than worrying about what may happen we just do what we can today.

sdmhred

Good to hear the pair of you are out liberating again! I’ve been noticing the abundance of giant daisies this year….plenty to pick! Although I do have an amusing thought of park rangers watching hours of CCTV to try and spot the naughty picking rascals and never raising a suspicion at the older lady in her wheelchair 🤣🤣

Alisongs

It's good that she can still enjoy the television. Let it ride. One day things won't make as much sense. My mother started saying movies and TV shows were "stupid" because she couldn't follow the storylines. That's when nature programmes of fluffy and attractive animals came in.
My husband loves animal, rural, farming and travel programmes too. Nothing to be frightened of or worry about, nothing to give bad dreams. We both love gentle, long running series like Doc Martin or Death in Paradise, where the gory bits are not on camera, there's a lot of comedy, picturesque scenery, and all well that ends well. Very soothing. ( Had to give up my favourite crime and legal dramas so we can both sleep more easily!)