Damage door in care home

Squeezebox21

Feb 19, 2024
Hi,my dad who has vascular dementia and has been in a care home for nearly 4 months,my brother and I called today (Thursday )to take him for an x-ray at the hospital which we were told on the Monday that they were unable to take him as they didn't have staff to do it,we are in the process of moving him to another care home as we don't feel he's having the right care here.
So today when we arrived we were met by the care home manager who said to us that my father had damaged a fire door with his walking stick and was I going to pay for the damaged door,I said I wasn't and he said it will have to be paid,when we saw the door it wasn't a fire door but an ordinary one.
Seems every time we go there he has something to say regarding my dad.

Last edited:

Jools1402

Jan 13, 2024
Sounds like the sooner the move is the better!
My Mum was discharged from hospital into an utterly grim "care" home. After she had been there a week or so she managed to pull a wash basin off the wall - trying to get up off the toilet. The manager was not happy and said she should have called for assistance - but I pointed out there was no call bell in the toilet. Then I asked him where the grab rails were to assist her - none. Moved her out a few weeks later - thank goodness.