• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Dad's Second Birthday Since His Death Is Tomorrow

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Tomorrow will be another sad day as it is dad's second birthday since his death so I have put some flowers in a vase in the lounge and I am organising my time so that I don't dwell. Tonight I am going to a socially distanced chamber music concert and tomorrow I am going out to lunch before work and spoiling myself as @lemonbalm and @jennifer 1967 know I do. In the evening I will get a takeaway again from dad's favourite restaurant and again spoiling myself.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hello Everyone.

Tomorrow will be another sad day as it is dad's second birthday since his death so I have put some flowers in a vase in the lounge and I am organising my time so that I don't dwell. Tonight I am going to a socially distanced chamber music concert and tomorrow I am going out to lunch before work and spoiling myself as @lemonbalm and @jennifer 1967 know I do. In the evening I will get a takeaway again from dad's favourite restaurant and again spoiling myself.

MaNaAk
you go for it just as long as supplies last.

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
That sounds a good way to celebrate your Dad.

Shortly after my Dad died, nearly 5 years ago, I found a bundle of notebooks where he'd written about all sorts of subjects. There was a section on loss and he had written "The dead do not wish the living to linger in sorrow....but remember the best with joy".

Have a good day tomorrow @MaNaAk and enjoy the concert this evening.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou Everyone.

Yes there were some sad moments when the memory of dad carrying me downstairs to lie on the sofa when I was a sickly tot but yes I enjoyed a good concert and I had Spooky Red Velvet Cake with lunch and a Viennetta with dinner.

MaNaAk

PS: Hand sanitisers are still on the table though!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thankyou Everyone.

Yes there were some sad moments when the memory of dad carrying me downstairs to lie on the sofa when I was a sickly tot but yes I enjoyed a good concert and I had Spooky Red Velvet Cake with lunch and a Viennetta with dinner.

MaNaAk

PS: Hand sanitisers are still on the table though!
glad you enjoyed it whats a spooky red velvet cake? there were always going to be sad moments

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I think it's made out of beetroot. I don't really like beetroot but the cake was lovely and I am thinking of you today as well.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have a husband free of charge on the first come basis.. he is winding up an already wound up wife. hes asking if i need sandwiches and a flask of tea [he is joking]

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
It's lovely it will have butter icing on top and
red sprinkles.

MaNaAk

PS: Another memory was that dad used to love the sugar-free cakes that I baked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mobo