Dad and the flu jab

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Dad had his flu jab last week. He was a little bit chesty anyway and his breathing was still the same. I wasn’t there but the nurse asked if he wanted it. It was a home visit.
A couple of days later whilst walking with his frame he had to stop as he was getting dizzy. I managed to get him into bed.
Yesterday when he had a friend sit with him she reported that he was coughing a lot and his breathing was more rapid.
When I got there to assist him to bed his nose was dripping. It took two attempts to get him to stand and walk with his frame. We finally made it into his bedroom where he had another few coughing fits and was nearly sick. He was also thinking he was going to fall but didn’t. I managed to get him into bed. He had a slightly raised temperature.
I cannot give dad paracetamol as it reacts against some of his tablets.Plus with his kidneys failing I’m not too sure on that either. At least he was safe in bed.The trouble with dad now with his heart etc is as soon as there is any movement he coughs a lot.
I have emailed the doctor to ask for some antibiotics just in case. But last time they didn’t touch him.
I also have asked if his blood pressure could still be low.
It is hard to know whether the flu jab has actually helped. It most probably is a combination of the heart, kidneys and flu jab together.
This is just a thinking aloud post?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s a fine line between possible side effects of the flu jab and other underlying health conditions @TNJJ amd there`s probably no definite answer. I`m sure you can reassure yourself that the best is being done for your dad .
It does sound as if he is weakening.

I hope you are holding up.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
It`s a fine line between possible side effects of the flu jab and other underlying health conditions @TNJJ amd there`s probably no definite answer. I`m sure you can reassure yourself that the best is being done for your dad .
It does sound as if he is weakening.

I hope you are holding up.
Hi ! I’m ok BUT I can feel the urge just to run away coming on. I’m going to take a fortnight off in January and spend some time at home.
He is weakening now. I see it every day whilst I’m there. Obviously he has good and bad days but more bad days lately. I often wonder how long is a piece of string. How much more?