1. jackie1

jackie1 Registered User

Jun 6, 2007
    Cheshire
    are fabulous.

They came home last night from the Easter Theme party as high as kites. They are picked up and brought home so I don't have to worry about leaving John. They are making new friends and having a ball.

Jackie

2. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Jackie,
    It is great to read that Young Carers' have that support.
    Well done to Crossroads for doing it.

Best wishes
    Christine

3. hendy

hendy Registered User

Feb 20, 2008
    West Yorkshire
    Hi Jackie

Lovely to hear that the children had a lovely time at their party. Is cross roads a local organisation or are they national?
    regards
    hendy

ps Have you managed to get a night out yet?

4. jackie1

jackie1 Registered User

Jun 6, 2007
    Cheshire
    #4 jackie1, Mar 8, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
    duplication deleted

5. jackie1

jackie1 Registered User

Jun 6, 2007
    Cheshire
    Hi,

Crossroads are a national organisation, their aim is to support carers.

http://www.crossroads.org.uk/

I will now hopefully be getting support from them with John. The plan is to have someone come round and sit with him between 5pm - 8pm so that the boys and I can have an evening out without stress or worry. And for someone to take him out for a few hours during the day so that I have time just to be quiet in my own home.

As for a night out, that I can manage with some juggling it was a night away that was totally impossible

Thank you for asking.

Jackie

6. hendy

hendy Registered User

Feb 20, 2008
    West Yorkshire
    Jackie
    Thanks for providing the link. Its great that you've got some extra support with John and some time to be with just the children, that must be really important.
    take care
    hendy

7. annesharlie

annesharlie Registered User

Finally, Jackie, some good news!! This sounds like a fantastic organization. I had been concerned you weren't getting a break. I am presuming you don't have to pay for this service? Enjoy your time with the boys.

Anne

8. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    #8 Margarita, Mar 9, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
    that does sound very positive balance out .

Mine is not the same as your situation I know . but I found it very hard to balance time out alone with my children , even thought they where much older then your children when I stated to care for my mother at home with me , they where 15 , 16, 18, 22. I had just became a single parent at that time .

Your right it is all a juggling act .