Crossroads Young Carers

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
are fabulous.

They came home last night from the Easter Theme party as high as kites. They are picked up and brought home so I don't have to worry about leaving John. They are making new friends and having a ball.

Jackie

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hi Jackie

Lovely to hear that the children had a lovely time at their party. Is cross roads a local organisation or are they national?
regards
hendy

ps Have you managed to get a night out yet?

jackie1

Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire
Hi,

Crossroads are a national organisation, their aim is to support carers.

http://www.crossroads.org.uk/

I will now hopefully be getting support from them with John. The plan is to have someone come round and sit with him between 5pm - 8pm so that the boys and I can have an evening out without stress or worry. And for someone to take him out for a few hours during the day so that I have time just to be quiet in my own home.

As for a night out, that I can manage with some juggling it was a night away that was totally impossible

Thank you for asking.

Jackie

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Jackie
Thanks for providing the link. Its great that you've got some extra support with John and some time to be with just the children, that must be really important.
take care
hendy

annesharlie

Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver Island, Canada
Finally, Jackie, some good news!! This sounds like a fantastic organization. I had been concerned you weren't getting a break. I am presuming you don't have to pay for this service? Enjoy your time with the boys.

Anne

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
The plan is to have someone come round and sit with him between 5pm - 8pm so that the boys and I can have an evening out without stress or worry. And for someone to take him out for a few hours during the day so that I have time just to be quiet in my own home.

that does sound very positive balance out .

Mine is not the same as your situation I know . but I found it very hard to balance time out alone with my children , even thought they where much older then your children when I stated to care for my mother at home with me , they where 15 , 16, 18, 22. I had just became a single parent at that time .

As for a night out, that I can manage with some juggling

Your right it is all a juggling act .

Last edited: