COURT OF PROTECTION APPOINTED DEPUTY NEGLIGENCE/POOR PRACTICE

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You know all the details and are convinced that the deputy is guilty of malpractice.
It costs nothing to fill in an OPG130 and email completed form to opg.safeguardingunit@publicguardian.gov.uk as outlined in my previous link.
Doing this is the best way to get your concerns considered although freeform complaints with or without solicitor involvement are also possible.

What sort of concerns we can help with
You might have worries about:

• how a deputy has acted since they were appointed by the Court of Protection
By law, we can look into these concerns and start an investigation.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-we-deal-with-safeguarding-concerns .

Mr Gordon

Dec 24, 2023
so who listed those conditions, and when?they are all meaningless without the deputyship
order, as we have no idea what that says.

Have you see it- what does it say about selling property?

This I were I got them from. I think it's quite a reliable source , don't you? She hasn't followed any of it . But as it's only guidance the Deputies can do almost anything as there always seems to be a way out in every point. It's not surprising that professional financial abuse is on the increase!!!
Screenshot_20231227-151001.jpg

Screenshot_20231227-151001.jpg

Attachments

• opg-deputy-standards-guidance-for-professional-deputies (1) (1).pdf
    363.1 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Mr Gordon

Dec 24, 2023
You know all the details and are convinced that the deputy is guilty of malpractice.

Thank you very much. I'm extremely grateful for the link.😊
I'm in the process of complying all of my evidence, it's quite a monumental task as there have been so many mistakes regarding the properties. It's really appalling and shows negligence.

Mr Gordon

Dec 24, 2023
Im saying that she does not have to keep the estate as it was, ie she does not have to keep the properties

You said that your dad is in last stage dementia, so I assumed that he was in a care home. If he is not in a care home, who is looking after him? Is there a live-in carer?

How do you know that he is still cash positive if you have no access to his accounts?
I'm sorry to say that you are VERY VERY VERY WRONG!! If you actually read the mental capacity act 2005 and the court-of-protection-rules-2017. You will learn that when a professional deputy is appointed by the COP, for property and affairs they become solely responsible for the person they are acting for. They are responsible for managing and looking after the whole estate. In other words they become the landlord of the whole estate. They have duties and responsibilities as the landlord this also includes all liabilities. The client cannot be held responsible for any new infraction as they have no mental abilities to make any decisions for themselves. Hence appointment of the deputy.

I would like to hear any comments the the new deputy is not now the acting landlord?