Couldn't waken mum up on chair - is this normal!

hawaii50

I've emerged a human being again!! Mum has been fine today and husband said she slept in the chair quite a lot - maybe a new phase in exchange for the hyperactivity!

I find these events that happen for the first time to be quite alarming till you have established that it's just a new thing that is likely to be repeated and hence becomes the norm rather than the exception for a new cycle just started. That seemed a complicated sentence so hope you got the meaning!!

Once things have been established you learn to handle them and forget that the first time you witnessed it you didn't understand it at all. Because mum has been so hyper and can't sit still normally for longer than 10 minutes this is definitely a different experience. There is relief from the constant activity on the one hand but a sadness to watch the frailty of stillness. It would be nice to have a bit of both!!

That is why I find this forum so valuable - because things that some of us experience for the first time are "old hat" for others who have already walked the walk before us and who can therefore reassure us and help with the thought processes that we find ourselves going through. It's just good to know we are not alone. Thanks again