• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can access this area by going to the Health and wellbeing forum >here< or you can directly access the area >here<.

Constant talking drives me insane

Future dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Hello dear friends . Have only just joined here . At 01.25 its nice to have some where to read and know others in same boat . Have pit husband back in bed yor 11th time . He gets up stands on landing and is non stop talk . Hes like it all day . Talk and talk . Doesnt stop. How do others cope with this constant chattering . He has conversations with some one. God knows who . His speech has gone as such its all gobbly gook . Gives such a head ache . Cant get away from it .

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hello dear friends . Have only just joined here . At 01.25 its nice to have some where to read and know others in same boat . Have pit husband back in bed yor 11th time . He gets up stands on landing and is non stop talk . Hes like it all day . Talk and talk . Doesnt stop. How do others cope with this constant chattering . He has conversations with some one. God knows who . His speech has gone as such its all gobbly gook . Gives such a head ache . Cant get away from it .
I am so sorry, you must be totally exhausted .
perhaps another assessment of needs is required. I found out that night sitters were available for a couple of nights- totally unheard of I thought but apparently not !

Cat27

Volunteer Moderator
Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Welcome to DTP @Future dreams.
Would the radio drown out some of the talking? Please keep posting as you’ll get lots of support here.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
This must be so difficult to live with @Future dreams

I was at the bus stop with a mother and daughter and the mother was continuously talking to herself.

I kept thinking she was talking to me but she wasn`t. I have to admit I was relieved when the bus came.

I'm loathe to suggest it but I wonder if some calming medication might help. I know it`s considered incorrect to medicate to help the carer but if this constant verbalisation is a symptom of anxiety in your husband perhaps his GP could help.