1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. spree

spree Registered User

Jun 25, 2014
    north wales
    just spent possibley worst weekend of my life how do you all deal with finding a nursing for o/h when you realy don't want to loose them. told just last week by assessment centre that o/h will never come home he a danger to him self and to others. what is secret of finding first of all a bed and a decent one at that, looked at 6 yesterday no more in area and there is some realy bad ones out there and only one with beds any one got an answer . shirley

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
  3. Varandas

Varandas Registered User

Sep 2, 2013
    Hampshire England
    I am sorry Shirley... what a difficult time for you
    wishing you courage!

4. spree

spree Registered User

Jun 25, 2014
    north wales
    thank you means a lot x shirley

5. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
  6. irishmanc

irishmanc Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Manchester
    Sorry to hear it, Shirley. This illness is stressful enough without having to look at awful nursing homes. One I saw was so bad, I sat in my car in the car park and cried at the awfulness of it all. I asked friends, neighbours and people working in health care and got some good recommendations. I was lucky in finding a nice place in the end but not in my parents home town, unfortunately. In the end, I made a priority of finding a good and nice place and not so much about the location. Good luck to you.