Community nurse visit

worried sister

Dec 2, 2023
hello i am new and wondered if someone could assist me.My brother has been to doctors about his memory.He has received a letter saying that a community nurse is coming to his home to see him.Can anyone tell me what this visit entails

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Hello @worried sister , have you seen the letter? I only ask because the usual route would be via an appointment to the memory clinic and a scan. I’m wondering if the community nurse is coming to take some bloods to test for any underlying reasons for memory loss such as an infection.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
The community nurses in my experience are good, had a lot of them come and help for over 10 years with my wife, not a problem.
Some lovely people doing a good job.
No secret on here I then caught viral encphilitis, ended up with my same strawberry blonde looking me at home as had helped me as a carer for my wife.
Community nursing care and assesment depends on the person on the day.
Good luck. K

worried sister

Dec 2, 2023
Hello @worried sister , have you seen the letter? I only ask because the usual route would be via an appointment to the memory clinic and a scan. I’m wondering if the community nurse is coming to take some bloods to test for any underlying reasons for memory loss such as an infection.
Yes i have seen the letter and as yet he hasnt had any bloods taken so that maybe it

worried sister

Dec 2, 2023
The community nurses in my experience are good, had a lot of them come and help for over 10 years with my wife, not a problem.
Some lovely people doing a good job.
No secret on here I then caught viral encphilitis, ended up with my same strawberry blonde looking me at home as had helped me as a carer for my wife.
Community nursing care and assesment depends on the person on the day.
Good luck. K
Thankyou i will just have to wait and see