Clothing

Jerac

Dec 10, 2020
Looking for advice for trousers for my husband who has incontinence problems. His prefered style is jeans but, as he has become unaware of when he has become wet (despite incontinence pants), I am finding it hard to wash & dry them to keep up with him!
He is also overweight as he enjoys eating but doesn’t take any exercise which makes things more complicated. He also needs pockets for the wads of tissue he insists on keeping with him.
Any advice on brands that might suit would be appreciated.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Jogging bottoms with an elastic waist and pockets were my salvation. Only problem is they take a lot of drying in the winter.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I have found that companies like Chums, Premier Man and Cotton Traders have trousers (including jeans) with elasticated waists. Most of them have pockets

Chelseajude

Feb 10, 2021
Norwich
We just recently purchased some elasticated waist Halfword men’s linen trousers, from a well known web site. They are quite thin and dry quickly. My oh gets on well with them.

maisiecat

Oct 12, 2023
There a bit more expensive but the walking trousers from Blacks or Mountain warehouse are really lightweight material that dries quickly. I always took them on holiday as you could dry them overnight on a towel rail

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Joggers are not bad if you get thinner ones. My husband loves his joggers
We bought them firstly to wear after he had a shower but he wears them all the time now.

Sunshine11!

Feb 11, 2022
Joggers were a godsend for Mum when she became incontinent. Comfy, but also relatively easy for a carer to take off. I had some good, inexpensive ones from Tesco of all places

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Asda are good as well. Supermarkets tend to be good and not too pricey. I've got them from sports direct as well
They have a website and are reasonable if you look for sale and cheaper sports labels usually own labels

SoniaR

May 25, 2024
My husband has the same issue and jeans were problematic as by the time he undid his belt and zip it was too late. I then bought him joggers and they are much easier for him to pull down. I got navy blue ones from M&S and it’s a good colour as they do look quite smart and don’t show up accidents so much. I bought him loads of them, he has about 10 pairs now, so he always has some clean ones available when some are in the wash. Of course other brands are available!

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
East of England
Looking for advice for trousers for my husband who has incontinence problems. His prefered style is jeans but, as he has become unaware of when he has become wet (despite incontinence pants), I am finding it hard to wash & dry them to keep up with him!
He is also overweight as he enjoys eating but doesn’t take any exercise which makes things more complicated. He also needs pockets for the wads of tissue he insists on keeping with him.
Any advice on brands that might suit would be appreciated.
Primark Mens clothing currently stock jogger trousers in denim and other fabrics with gathered leg cuffs and with pockets. They seem to be pull up style as well. See https://www.primark.com/en-gb/c/men/clothing/joggers