Cause of death - cerebrovascular Accident CVA ?

Chris Edgerton

Oct 22, 2003
Warwick District
Mother passed away this year. Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s form of dementia.

Main cause of death, cerebrovascular Accident CVA.

Brain Autopsy report by Brain Bank indicates no CVA.

Anybody checked death certificate against brain autopsy?

What action did you take if any?

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
It depends how important it is to you to either establish the correct cause of death or to ensure her cause of death is properly recorded. I would telephone the county coroner's office and discuss this with them. There is a chance that if it wasn't a CVA as originally thought that the coroner might feel obliged, if nothing, to ensure there was no foul play involved.

Fiona

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I am not qualified to give any advice but can only share my experience. My Dad died of cancer, very very sadly, way too young, the cause of death was given as pneumonia on the death certificate, that is what finally took him. To get an explanation is fine and to find out what really happened is fine.

cobden28

Jan 31, 2012
CVA, cerebrovascular accident, is just the technical term for a stroke. Did your Mum have any history of stroke-like symptoms?

Chris Edgerton

Oct 22, 2003
Warwick District
thoughts are that death was though the Liverpool Care Pathway scenario

My main Which I was not consulted on.

No drugs, no food, no liquid, no hospital intervention in a UK care nursing home

Doctor put down CAV to cover real cause of death?

Coroner not interested at time of death Nor with information supplied by brain bank autopsy – OH No body for autopsy.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
No drugs, no food, no liquid, no hospital intervention in a UK care nursing home

Have you read up on Liverpool pathway? I don't think any of the above apply!

Even on the pathway, you have pain relief drugs( amongst others) Certainly food and fluids if you want them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trey0407