• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Casualty

Normaleila

Jun 4, 2016
What a total cop out of the whole dementia issues experienced by so many!
it was almost “Disney- fied “ & as for the stroke issues.... obviously researching the reality of dementia & stroke was beyond the researchers capabilities.
It was annoying as a missed opportunity to enlighten ; an opportunity the BBC don’t miss when it comes to grittier topics & less savoury subject matter. Hey ho - it reminds me why I don’t watch soaps & the like.
Back to the radio for my entertainment!!
Do you listen to the Archers? It reminded me of the Rob and Helen storyline re coercive control. That was another cop out - I don't even know what happened to Rob because I was so upset I stopped listening for 18 months. Even now I don't listen to every episode.

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Do you listen to the Archers? It reminded me of the Rob and Helen storyline re coercive control. That was another cop out - I don't even know what happened to Rob because I was so upset I stopped listening for 18 months. Even now I don't listen to every episode.
Yes I stopped listening as it just wound me up ..... a lot!
Sorry so I have no idea...

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
I haven't watched Casualty for years, but did watch this episode as I had seen the trailer. Was left disappointed - if that is the right word - like other people have said it was wrapped up too quickly and cleanly. (Mum was diagnosed with VD 4 years ago and is now in a nursing home), The programme makers could have shown the "real" side" of dementia and how families in real life cope (or not as the case may be) and I feel this was an opportunity missed.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

Did anyone watch last night's episode of Casualty because last night I was rather disappointed with the latest dementia storyline?

MaNaAk

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hello Everyone!

Did anyone watch last night's episode of Casualty because last night I was rather disappointed with the latest dementia storyline?

MaNaAk
Sorry no, the tv repeats are shocking so have just switched off apart from the news!

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
We did watch it at the time and was also disappointed but not much reaction for OH as she is sort of addicted to the old re runs on Drama Chanel and doesn’t seem to relate to the up to date ones. Mind you better she watches these than the constant re showings of the Bill which she has thankfully stopped watching/recording.