Caring too much...

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
What will happen when I can't be here and continue the daily and night care I am giving to a lovely and beautiful human being?
The odd afternoon off, lunch out, a little drive to nowhere is not helping any more....
The need to get away for a wee while is necessary. Recharge the batteries.
Where to find a suitable Carer who's willing to nurture life?
In previous posts I read a 'concern' about hiring someone through the Internet. We have used agencies in the past without satisfaction on our side. We tried 'word of mouth' but some people will run away a couple of miles before saying hi.
Where can we find an angel in this earth?

Sorry about the moaning. I just need ideas. Thank you for reading.
All the best
Varandas

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Welcome

Is it right you live in Switzerland? Do you have any services like we do in UK?

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
Welcome

Is it right you live in Switzerland? Do you have any services like we do in UK?

Yes, we live in Switzerland and we have a very good system in place where the 'social services' girls come to visit 3 x week to give a bath/shower, and like in the UK the social services will not 'take over' to give the main Carer a respite/break.

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
Yes, we live in Switzerland and we have a very good system in place where the 'social services' girls come to visit 3 x week to give a bath/shower, and like in the UK the social services will not 'take over' to give the main Carer a respite/break.

possible some of the girls may have friends who would like the respite job?? then they would come recommended which helps

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
possible some of the girls may have friends who would like the respite job?? then they would come recommended which helps

Thank you for your comment. When I read your 'signature' I thought of the present situation.
"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there" It is true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janet1980