Care home

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
My OH and I talking and looking for day clubs to go too=( difficulty in finding a club for him has not much available ) but this researching has brought has to talk about the future while we can and this has brought us onto care homes- just wondering when is a good idea to visit one or two or is it too early for us and without invention of social services

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
It is probably a good idea to look around your area to see what the local homes are like, but please remember that the standards can change over time. You might find the attached information useful.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
My OH and I talking and looking for day clubs to go too=( difficulty in finding a club for him has not much available ) but this researching has brought has to talk about the future while we can and this has brought us onto care homes- just wondering when is a good idea to visit one or two or is it too early for us and without invention of social services
Hi @mikeb2 - not only may care homes change between now and when needed, if at all, but so may your needs. If and when the times comes, you always have to check that the "preferred" home or homes can deal with those specific needs.