Care home advice - Wales

Suziesa

Apr 14, 2024
Hello

I am based in South Wales and my mum needs to move into a permanent EMI care facility. She has early onset Alzheimer’s.
It’s heartbreaking, but I know that moving her into a care facility is the right thing for her needs.
I am doing some research into the list of care homes that the local authority have sent through, all the homes seem to be so far away, as the more local facilities, don’t have capacity for new residents.
I’ve looked at the care inspection reports, google searches and found some employee reviews as well. Just wondering if anyone has any other tips/things to consider/research I can do into the homes aside from going to visit them (which we have planned for next week).
Does anyone know of any forums that I could potentially visit to get some information/feedback/local knowledge on the homes that we’re looking at?

Thank you!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Suziesa.

I’m sorry to hear about your mum. It really is heartbreaking. I’m sorry I don’t know of that kind of forum but I wondered if these would be of any help -

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
When we were looking for a Home for my Mum we asked on our local Facebook forum group if anyone had any experience of local Homes and feedback. We got some interesting responses. One Home thst I had personally visited and thought very dark, rabbit warreny and a bit run down got excellent feedback from a number of people. Sometimes it can be worth going on a waiting list if you find a Home you like. This might not take as long as you think….

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyDav