Can I ... Should I?

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
If the cheyne stokes breathing has started then a deeper sleep will bring your mum peaceful rest and slipping away may not be too far away now. We are all holding your virtual hand.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Sam, I'm glad you got some sleep but you are clearly seriously in debt in that department and it will take more than that to make up the deficit :(

When you next see someone with sense and compassion, please tell them what you have told us - That you are utterly exhausted, fed up of having to fight for every single thing your mum needs, distressed that it is clear those needs are not being met and seriously in need of a lot more help than you are getting.

2Js, on your journey to Sam, I will give you a hint - If you discover your feet are wet, you have gone too far! :D

Wouldn't it be lovely if there really were a 'Hug Bank'? Lovely volunteers who could be directed to where they were needed the most and do for you what we would so like to do ourselves - ie give you the biggest, squishiest hugs you could tolerate*

We are all with you in spirit, sending love and strength to get you through.

*Yes, of course, in reality there would be all sorts of potential problems with this. But, for now, let's just dream . . .

Earthgirl72

Feb 2, 2016
(((((hugs))))) from way down West. With the promise of more as and when needed - no need to provide a token. Also dropping off a large CM to be dispensed as required :) xxx

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Oh Sam huge enormous (((HUGS)))) to you.
Everything is crossed here too that your Mum slips in to a more peaceful state.

All my love to you, Mum, Pooch and Brother. XXXXXX

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh Lordy, Lordy, Lordy. Did I really just tear a strip off the paramedic. Not the lovely P, but another one. Can no one do joined up thinking in this?

He had no idea why he was here. I’ve had to go back over the last few weeks, symptoms, changes, why he’s been asked to attend

Yes. I told him the request was made but the GP didn’t want to attend. Chased again by DN yesterday & that’s why he was here. (I did apologise to him later. I’m not cross with him, but I’m furious with the surgery). I reiterated that I will not have “that” GP in the house & told him how Mum had been told she’s old, not going to get better & palliative care wouId be started. He did look a bit shocked, but tried to hide it

I made him check the puke bowl. Don’t know what made me keep that, but apparently good thing. He’s left saying he will get the GP to visit today, as this is at a stage for them, not a paramedic

No meds given. Hospice not impressed when I told them

Mum has just told me, she wanted to talk to the medic alone, but didn’t. She didn’t want to tell me, but she is vomiting feaces.

DN phoned to say CHC fast track out in, but may not be accepted. She asked when Hospice are coming & I said “tonight, to change the pump”

Aaarrrrggggghhhhhh

DN didn’t know syringe pump in place. That changes everything. She’s going to contact funding peeps again & update

Why in heavens name can’t these people talk to each other????

I’m sitting outside crying. The sheer foul up is beyind me. Pooch has come to snuggle

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
If the cheyne stokes breathing has started then a deeper sleep will bring your mum peaceful rest and slipping away may not be too far away now. We are all holding your virtual hand.

Thank you. My poor mum is so thirsty but can’t keep anything down. Now vomiting faeces too

I want this over for her. NOW

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

Yes I know. Go look after me, but I’m trying so hard not to think about anything, that this is my focus while I try for control

A “hug bank”. A group of people, suitably vetted, who go & visit carers & just hold hands or put their arms around them. Yes, lots of H&S stuff. Lots of vetting, but wouldn't it just be amazing

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you. My poor mum is so thirsty but can’t keep anything down. Now vomiting faeces too

I want this over for her. NOW[/

Oh Sam that’s so awful for and your mum ..what is wrong with these people ...get your a....es over to Sams right now. Thinking of you take heart we are all here for you

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh Sam huge enormous (((HUGS)))) to you.
Everything is crossed here too that your Mum slips in to a more peaceful state.

All my love to you, Mum, Pooch and Brother. XXXXXX

She needs to sleep. She needs to slip away, not retch & gasp. That surgery has a lot to answer for IMHO. I might trip & empty the bowl over him if the GP ever gets here :mad:

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Oh Sam :( Poor you. poor mum!

It sounds as if your mum might have a bowel blockage - when did she last pen her bowels? She needs attention from a medic. I think she would benefit from a naso-gastric tube (goes up the nose, down the gullet and into stomach) to drain away stomach contents and rest gut. I would suggest you call 999 but I know you are worried about how mum would tolerate the move. And she would certainly NOT tolerate being on a trolly in A+E.

I am so sorry, I don't know what to suggest to help!

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent

I want this over for her. NOW
Oh Sam...am so sorry...dad's anti sickness meds kept everything down so I didn't see this in dad...fortunately. I don't know but it sounds like a bowel blockage and she should be urgently seen to make sure pain relief is adequate as it can be very painful...maybe not much else they can do but that is a serious development in the aiming to keep her comfortable..perhaps someone else on TP has dealt with similar.CHC...hmm! If you weren't there...syringe driver or not...she would be looked after in a hospice or hospital. End of life meds are not always given by syringe driver so surprised DN feels that is strong criteria needed

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
:mad::mad::mad::mad:Yes @Slugsta mum said as much herself. Very coherent, explained in clinical terms, she believes she has a blockage as she’s not passing faeces. It has to come out somewhere, so she is vomiting it up.

She actually went yesterday morning for the first time in 5 days, so ... I don’t know.

A little knowledge and all that ... blissful ignorance wouId be my choice

ASC or whatever phoned. Can’t these people talk to each other? I don’t want to talk to them. I want them to medic speak to each other. Is that so much to ask?

She’s “happy” (bully for her) happy to get NHS funding approved. She will try to sort night sitting. I am to just try to keep Mum comfortable What in the name of bleeeeeep dies she think I’ve been doing

Sorry. I’m just so cross & upset & I want to scream & cry & I don’t know what else

:mad::mad:

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
Sam words fail me, you have been so let down. This time is for you to spend being with your Mum, holding her hand and knowing she's as comfortable as possible not trying to coordinate al lthe so called professionals. This is so hard for you don't these people realise just what you're going through and your poor Mum I'm just so bl***y annoyed for you.
I'm sending you ((hugs)) love, and prayers. Know you're not alone Sam we are all on this path with you holding your hand xxxxxxxx
Please please medics get your act together

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Some more (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) for the bank
She didn’t want to tell me, but she is vomiting feaces.
That means that her digestive system has closed down and her body is unable to process food

Her GP is the most useless person I have ever heard of :mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leigh_77