Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Yay @Amy in the US ... just had to share asap. Mum is getting the meds & I really hope she can drink without vomiting

The only sad thing was, Mum had no fight left. She just agreed. Hospice nurse commented on Mum being so compliant tonight. Mum said she was too tired to argue. :(

Hugs welcome as always. Thank heavens for hugs;)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @canary

Mum is sleeping, but restless. It’s a long night already & I've a few more hours of my shift. Breathing is laboured, but not so much of the stopping so far

It was the Hospice nurse who told Mum she was giving her the meds regardless. I eagerly await the result of the DN’s assault on the GP :D

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Do not tempt me @2jays ... 1jay will never forgive me :rolleyes:

1jay thinks you an amazing person. Keep in mind the time when he met you

I’m on my way... I know you are down south, so shall make may way in that direction.... teeny tiny request.... point me towards where you are ie PM YIUR ADDRESS

I don’t do heights, so will struggle when I get to beach head...

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @Slugsta

All I seem to say is “I want to sleep”. I also want to concentrate on Mum, not argue with Admin. I have a liaison at ASC, but after today with ASC, Hospice & DN all saying the other is to blame, I seriously thought of throwing in the towel. I want to care for Mum not argue costs. I don't give a fig about the costs per say, I just need to know how much cash I need in the right accounts. I can well do without spending time finding a broker to sell shares to raise capital. I seriously do have far more important things to do .... like sit with my mum

Boy am I (insert as ever) ************ :mad:

There seriously needs to be a hug bank. A place where you can go to collect hugs. Hand over token & get hugged.

Think how good that wouId be. I should lobby for that one day :p

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @rosy18

Shouldn’t you be asleep yourself :rolleyes: No sleep tonight. Mum is cold :eek: She’s laboured breathing & the stopping has started again. :confused:

Knowing my luck, they will drag out the CHC process & won’t backdate & by the time it’s done Mum won’t be here. I know they have a process, but people don’t follow tick boxes when they are sick :(

I’ll be honest @rosy18 I don’t want the fight. I’ve nothing left. If they offered a Hospice place right now, I’d agree. At least I could get medical help quicker than 3 hours wait. I could go to the loo without thinking she might get up & fall while I’m out the room. I am hating this.

I felt like I’d achieved something today because I hoovered for the first time in over 2weeks. How sad is that?

I’m limiting her to 3 sips of water at a time. She’s really thirsty & I’m withholding water. That doesn’t feel good. It feels cruel. If it turns out the GP could have prescribed but didn’t & Mum could have drunk more, I don’t think I can be held responsible for his injuries :(

Poor Pooch. He is so sad :( I will pass on all your hugs to him. He really needs lurving :p

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Hi @rosy18

Shouldn’t you be asleep yourself :rolleyes: No sleep tonight. Mum is cold :eek: She’s laboured breathing & the stopping has started again. :confused:

Knowing my luck, they will drag out the CHC process & won’t backdate & by the time it’s done Mum won’t be here. I know they have a process, but people don’t follow tick boxes when they are sick :(

I’ll be honest @rosy18 I don’t want the fight. I’ve nothing left. If they offered a Hospice place right now, I’d agree. At least I could get medical help quicker than 3 hours wait. I could go to the loo without thinking she might get up & fall while I’m out the room. I am hating this.

I felt like I’d achieved something today because I hoovered for the first time in over 2weeks. How sad is that?

I’m limiting her to 3 sips of water at a time. She’s really thirsty & I’m withholding water. That doesn’t feel good. It feels cruel. If it turns out the GP could have prescribed but didn’t & Mum could have drunk more, I don’t think I can be held responsible for his injuries :(

Poor Pooch. He is so sad :( I will pass on all your hugs to him. He really needs lurving :p

I am still up...why don't you ask the hospice nurse tomorrow if they have a bed available? Perhaps tell her that much as you thought you could see it through...you have reached your limit...you have done so well. Part of this stage is that your mum's limbs will start to cool ie legs from the feet upwards. They may partly warm up again but it will repeat.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Sam I went 8 days with 10 hours snatched sleep when I was the end with Dad. I understand how shattered & vulnerable you but you are doing an a,azing thing. I’m sending lots of strength & hugs.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
She’s laboured breathing & the stopping has started again.
This sounds like Cheyne Stokes breathing TBH, Sam
Mum went cold too, yet she herself felt very hot and kept kicking off all her bedding and even trying to pull her hair away from her scalp.
Pooch knows

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Slugsta

I got to that point yesterday, after 6 or 7 cold calls, 2 telling me BT were disconnecting B.B., DN telling me probably no night sitters & ASC telling me no CHC ... I just cried. I felt totally used up & washed out & helpless.

If I had a cupboard under the stairs, I could well be charged with kidnapping later this week :rolleyes: Not only is this Hospice nurse full of common sense, but has compassion by the bucket load & acts like she has all the time in the world

Brother sent me off to bed & Pooch woke me. I had 6 hrs 19 minutes of sleep according to Fitbit! I don’t check it every day, I just connected up this morning & saw the numbers :oops:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @love.dad.but..

Mum is very weak & tired by all this. Just no fight left. She’s had a fairly peaceful night. Slept through till 07.00 ( unheard of). Woke, had 5 sips of water. 5 lousy sips & vomiting recommence. She’s felt sick, very agitated, but almost asleep. Talking about stuff, then very clear voiced ...
“It’s a mess. We are waiting for them to sort it out. One not telling the other ....”

I’ve phoned the Hospice to say she’s vomited, they need to know to check how the meds are working. She then settled for a bit

She’s had 2 sips of water & off again. On & on. This time it’s ... ugg ... sorry ... too much to even think of, never mind write. I’m so proud of myself for holding the bucket, wiping her mouth, using the swabs (given last night) & cotton pad wiping her eyes (tears), mouth & chin (vomit). I did it all without retching. (Ok, I struggled when she got it over my hand ... but I think I’ve come a long way)

Lol to me sitting in PJ shorts waiting on the Hospice team. They said they are sending someone straight away :(

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I don’t know how you survived @Cat27 ... I’m getting 4(ish) hours sleep & I'm punch drunk by the evening

I had over 6 hours last night, I’ve been up for 2 hours & I'm flagging already

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Sam, I think you are amazing and am sending bucket loads of hugs to keep you going.

upload_2018-7-26_9-49-21.jpeg

..... got everything crossed (eyes, legs, you name it) that some proper help will be provided today to give you a chance to hand over the reins and rest for a short while.

Love to you, prayers for Mum, strokes for Pooch

XX

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @love.dad.but..

Mum is so weak this morning, she’s bareky lifting her head away from the pillow to throw up (yes the head is raised to almost sitting). She is always cold. Even in this weather. Yesterday she was covered with a thick fleece throw & wanted another covering her arms. Her head is sweaty, but her hands are freezing

Even thinking of moving her is cruel. I can’t see her making the trip :(