Can Anyone Help Me - Re: MMSE?

Discussion in 'Researchers, students and professionals' started by Dearth, Oct 25, 2005.

1. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Lionel has a most wicked sense of humour. I took him to respite last week. He has mobility problems. The nurse asked" Would you like an arm" as we set off for his room. His reply after looking down at himself "no thanks, I have two of my own"....He struggles to speak sometimes, but always with humour. Regards Connie

2. angela.robinson

angela.robinson Registered User

Dec 27, 2004
    Hi Connie ,thats A Gem ,what A Wonderfull Sense Of Humour ,little Things Like That Would Keep Me Laughing All Day , I Hope You Made The Most Of The Weeks Respite? Angela

3. :D

I love that!

And tell me... I bet he's used the classic:

"Are you all right?"
    "Yes... but only down one side!"

If not - WHY? t'is a classic... okay, so gets more of a 'groan' than a 'lol' but a favourite of mine!

:)

N.

4. Just to let you know...

Had the teaching session yesterday, and as far as I can tell it went really well.

Highlighted issues re: scorers marks differing.

Got some good feedback.

And I didn't go to pieces AND the technology (i.e. "Powerpoint") worked too!

So I'll have to wait a few weeks for the results - fingers crossed.

N.

5. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Thanks for letting us know how it went. Well done you. Connie

6. Many thanks Connie...

Also, I've another bit of news I'm chuffed with...

I've just become a Committee of our local A.S. Society group.

Thought I'd share that bit of info with everyone.

N.

7. An update on the teaching session I did at University...

I got my results back this week - I passed with 75% (the pass mark is 40% so you can imagine how chuffed I am).

I'll probably be doing this 'in practice' pretty soon too - I'll be doing another teaching session on the ward I'm working on in the near future... the fact that it got me a high pass mark also adds credibility to the thing and makes me more confident to keep on doing it.

Once again, thanks to you all here for your input and kind words - very much appreciated.

N.

8. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Well done Neil, you deserve your success. Connie

9. Mirium

Mirium Registered User

Oct 29, 2005
    Surrey
    Freedom of Information Policy

10. katieberesford

katieberesford Registered User

May 5, 2005
    south wales
    info

Hi Mirium

Re your post in Freedom of Information Policy, all you have to do to get things going are: write to the consultant asking for a copy and any future copies of letters going to the GP. These letters of course cannot come to yourself but they can be sent to your dad if he is agreeable to this happening.

You really shouldn't have any problems in getting this set up and really it should already be happening!! Remember because of patient confidentiality the letters will only be sent to your mum or dad!

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on Mirium.

Regards

Katiex