Can Anyone Help Me - Re: MMSE?

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Lionel has a most wicked sense of humour. I took him to respite last week. He has mobility problems. The nurse asked" Would you like an arm" as we set off for his room. His reply after looking down at himself "no thanks, I have two of my own"....He struggles to speak sometimes, but always with humour. Regards Connie

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
Hi Connie ,thats A Gem ,what A Wonderfull Sense Of Humour ,little Things Like That Would Keep Me Laughing All Day , I Hope You Made The Most Of The Weeks Respite? Angela

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
connie said:
The nurse asked" Would you like an arm" as we set off for his room. His reply after looking down at himself "no thanks, I have two of my own"....

:D

I love that!

And tell me... I bet he's used the classic:

"Are you all right?"
"Yes... but only down one side!"

If not - WHY? t'is a classic... okay, so gets more of a 'groan' than a 'lol' but a favourite of mine!

:)

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
Just to let you know...

Had the teaching session yesterday, and as far as I can tell it went really well.

Highlighted issues re: scorers marks differing.

Got some good feedback.

And I didn't go to pieces AND the technology (i.e. "Powerpoint") worked too!

So I'll have to wait a few weeks for the results - fingers crossed.

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
connie said:
Thanks for letting us know how it went. Well done you. Connie

Many thanks Connie...

Also, I've another bit of news I'm chuffed with...

I've just become a Committee of our local A.S. Society group.

Thought I'd share that bit of info with everyone.

N.

Dearth

May 27, 2005
Wigan
www.freewebs.com
An update on the teaching session I did at University...

I got my results back this week - I passed with 75% (the pass mark is 40% so you can imagine how chuffed I am).

I'll probably be doing this 'in practice' pretty soon too - I'll be doing another teaching session on the ward I'm working on in the near future... the fact that it got me a high pass mark also adds credibility to the thing and makes me more confident to keep on doing it.

Once again, thanks to you all here for your input and kind words - very much appreciated.

N.

Mirium

Oct 29, 2005
Surrey
Freedom of Information Policy

katieberesford said:
Hi

Because of the "Freedom of Information Policy" now in force at all hospitals etc. all patients should be sent a copy of the letter being sent to the GP on a patients progress.

If this isn't happening then ask for a copy of the letter being sent to the GP so that it can be kept in your own folder!! All patients have a right to this info as a matter of patients rights.

I am very interested in this information, thank you so much!!

How will we go about getting this info, should we ask the Consultant, or the Secretary?? I already tried getting info from the secretary over the phone, but she advised me to go to my mum's GP and talk to him. That as you will know is not easy. Mum's last visit to the memory clinic was very brief. Dad went in with her and they were out again in about 2 minutes, LITERALY 2 Mins!! Dad said he(the consultant) didn't know mum had had a brain scan until Dad mentioned it, then replied that it showed nothing, so try these pills (Aricept) for 3 months and come back in January. Needless to say niether of us were very happy. I am wondering now what we should do when we go on 24th?? It seems a bit much for 3 of us to troop into the consulting room, but Dad will not ask questions. He is of the old school and has a kind of awe for doctors. Then again Mum will often say "what's she sticking her nose in for," if she thinks I shouldn't be there.

I suppose what Dad and I would like is a diagnosis. Firstly we would know what to expect, and secondly, we would know where to go for information and support.

Goodness!!! This was only going to be brief, Sorry. Any info will be gratefully received. - Mirium :confused:

katieberesford

May 5, 2005
south wales
info

Hi Mirium

Re your post in Freedom of Information Policy, all you have to do to get things going are: write to the consultant asking for a copy and any future copies of letters going to the GP. These letters of course cannot come to yourself but they can be sent to your dad if he is agreeable to this happening.

You really shouldn't have any problems in getting this set up and really it should already be happening!! Remember because of patient confidentiality the letters will only be sent to your mum or dad!

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on Mirium.

Regards

Katiex

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27