1. Billy's Girl

Billy's Girl Registered User

Oct 8, 2013
    West Yorkshire
    My husbands blue badge runs out soon. He is a nursing home permanently although on occasions I do take him out in the car. Should I reapply for renewal or is it now not possible to renew it?

2. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    Give the Council a ring and see what they say. My husband's runs out next year too.

3. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    I renewed John's, and then returned it when he passed. It was better to have it, just in case, than wish I had one. xxx

4. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    If you're taking him out sometimes then you definitely need to renew it Billy's Girl.
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

5. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Hi. In the past I have read on here that some were able to use the homes blue badge when they took their partner out. It might be worth checking if you could do this.

Personally I would apply for another blue badge

6. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Friend, with wife in care, takes her out every day, has just applied for renewal of her blue badge.

7. Pete R

Pete R Registered User

Jul 26, 2014
    Staffs
    I got an email yesterday to say Mom's runs out in October. This was the address they gave to renew it.....
    www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge
    :)

8. Billy's Girl

Billy's Girl Registered User

Oct 8, 2013
    West Yorkshire
    I have been told to reapply and it will probably be granted as I have used it from hospital appointments and to take him out. Thank you for all comments