Black urine?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Vonny

All I can hope is for your mother to be pain free and comfortable and for you, your dad and your sister not to have any more of the unnecessary stress you have suffered today.
Love xx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
hi vonny you stick to your guns dont end up in the ward opposite let the stress out dont bottle it up. thinking of you and your family love larivy

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Vonney

I feel for you and your family.

Dad was put on the LCP and in the end, he was painfree and comfortable.

From what I know, LCP is care of the dying. I don't know if there is a time limit on how long.

If not for LCP, I don't think I could have coped with my Dad's dying, but it wasn't about me -- it was about Dad, being painfree and comfortable, which he was and that also helped me.

So very sorry about your Mum, but please look after yourself

Love
Alfjess

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
I just feel compelled to post Vonny that I think - with all these good thoughts & prayers coming from TP folk (those that post & those that just like to read) that there is someone on duty with your mum tonight who is going to ensure that she is comfy and loved. That is my belief and my prayer.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Vonny

((((hugs))))

It can be difficult for everyone dealing with these decisions, but hopefully your Mum is now pain free and resting comfortably.

I hope you are managing to get a little rest too, though I doubt that at this time it is pain-free as this is such a sore time for you and your family.

Thinking of you

Love

Mameeskye

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear all,

Your lovely thoughts and prayers have worked :) Mum asleep all day today, looking peaceful. Thank you so much.

The registrar looked in on us tonight and said mum seemed peaceful and if we needed anything to just ask. Also a lovely nurse took us aside tonight and said mum was now on the LCP and that we can visit whenever and stay overnight if we want. We haven't stayed tonight as mum looks ok and dad is in desperate need of a sleep. Vicky is staying with him and he is having a sleeping tablet tonight. I have to come home for son of course, although I will make arrangements for tomorrow, assuming it is required. We will be back to see her first thing tomorrow.

It is such a relief to see ma pain-free. She is on a high dose of morphine plus an anti-sickness drug and something to dry up the secretions to stop her chest rattling. I just sat and feasted my eyes on her tonight, lost in awe of how much this wonderful woman has done for me over the years.

Dad bearing up well considering but poor Vicky is reliving her time when her husband was in the hospice for his last days. She is more reserved in her outward show of emotions than dad or I and I think it's hitting her hard. Also I have this wonderful place somewhere in the ether which has provided so much comfort to me since I joined, and none more so than this last few days.

Thank you is inadequate, but I do thank you all, all the same.

Vonny xxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Vonny

You are a treasure. I am so glad that your mum is resting peacefully.

Love x

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
All we ever want our children to think

lost in awe of how much this wonderful woman has done for me over the years.
What a most wonderful thing to say Vonny...............
I just sat and feasted my eyes on her tonight,
These are words to remain with you all your life and I shall hope one day for my son to think this of me..........

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Dear Vonny,
Admire you so much for your positivity and care for others. I for one have noted how much you want to give to help others on this forum, even in a time of tremendous emotional upheaval.

So glad you have the support of the nursing staff and your Mum is comfortable. Thinking of you. xx

fredsnail

Dec 21, 2008
Thinking and praying for you all Vonny, I hope all is peaceful now and that you all (including yourself) get the support you need.

fs

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
It is such a relief to see ma pain-free. She is on a high dose of morphine plus an anti-sickness drug and something to dry up the secretions to stop her chest rattling. I just sat and feasted my eyes on her tonight, lost in awe of how much this wonderful woman has done for me over the years.

Dear Vonny

This time of peace is a gift for you all. A time to sit quietly with your mum, feasting your eyes on her and remebering all the good times.

It's also a time to make your farewells. To tell her how much you love her, and to give her permission to go.

Make the most of it, Vonny, you'll remember this time all your life.

Love and hugs,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Its good to hear your Mum is so peaceful and pain free. I do hope you get some rest tonight and the sleeping tablet helps your Dad.

You are doing remarkably well at this sad time. Its good to know you are well supported.

Love Jan

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Vonny

I`m so relieved for you. This has been a terrible time for you and your father but is terrible no longer. The pain is controlled, your mother is sleeping peacefully.
I hope you too will get some peaceful sleep tonight too.

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
I just sat and feasted my eyes on her tonight, lost in awe of how much this wonderful woman has done for me over the years.
Vonny xxx

Oh Vonny

That made me cry. Your words, could have been my words, about my lovely dad.

I was so relieved to hear that your mum is out of pain and the hospital are giving you carte blanche on visiting (just as it should be)

Sending my love to you and your family.

Love Carina x x x

Angela66

May 29, 2009
Scotland
I just sat and feasted my eyes on her tonight, lost in awe of how much this wonderful woman has done for me over the years.

Dear Vonny,

Tears are streaming down my face when I read that part. I am sure most of us on TP can relate to that.

You are being very brave and I hope you and your family can stay strong during this very sad time.

Take care,

Angela x

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired2023