Big deterioration in the last few days!

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
You frighten me LadyA. Fred only went on Monday and I have already lost and found my electric toothbrush (in the bin - had thrown the wrong one away) and have now lost one flipflop from a pair I was wearing yesterday. Not much hope for me then. Should I take the pill now?!

Sent from my GT-N5110

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Me too! II found myself putting things in the fridge that should have been in the cupboard and trying to unlock the front door by pressing the button on the car keys! Will be very interested to hear the results of the study if I haven't already succumbed before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I'm another one who seems to be muddling things a lot. Where are my keys? Where are my glasses? Why have I made 2 cups of coffee when there's only me here? Let's hope your tests are helpful LadyA, and that the letter arrives soon.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Have just phoned. "When? " "Oh, it'll be sometime in August. " :(

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I hope you cried and sobbed and screamed....

So sorry to hear this :(

xx

No point. Our health budget is in such a state, apparently everything is being scrutinised and delayed. No-one is given priority, is what I was told.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
You frighten me LadyA. Fred only went on Monday and I have already lost and found my electric toothbrush (in the bin - had thrown the wrong one away) and have now lost one flipflop from a pair I was wearing yesterday. Not much hope for me then. Should I take the pill now?!

Sent from my GT-N5110

Ah truth24 I'm with you there. Ever since I had my eye problems some time ago, about 25 years ago at a guess, I always had to have a place for everything, and everything in its place. I've kept that habit ever since those days and now, if I ever change where I've put something, I'm right out of sorts for ages!

All my fault, of course, and it all gets put back where it belongs when I find whatever it is!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Screaming on your behalf LadyA.

Sent from my GT-N5110

I think I'm gone beyond that! The strategy apparently is to just keep stretching out the length of time it takes to get funding released - that way, in a given budgetary year, fewer people actually get funding, without the public and media backlash that actually denying funding would generate. You see, Carers are so stupid, they would never realise that this is what's happening!

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
I think I'm gone beyond that! The strategy apparently is to just keep stretching out the length of time it takes to get funding released - that way, in a given budgetary year, fewer people actually get funding, without the public and media backlash that actually denying funding would generate. You see, Carers are so stupid, they would never realise that this is what's happening!

That sums it up doesn't it. Whilst they are doing this though carers are run into the ground mentally, physically and emotionally (probably shortening their own lives) and the cared for are potentially put at risk because carers can't cope and are at breaking point.

But it's fine because all the figures look great on paper.

It's one way of getting the population down I suppose (tongue is firmly in cheek, I am absolutely appalled this is going on!) xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
No need for tongue in cheek. Elderly dementia sufferers? I'm convinced they are being pushed deliberately further and further down the list for State help, along with other severely disabled people - those who will never be "contributors " to society in the eyes of the powers that be.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
No need for tongue in cheek. Elderly dementia sufferers? I'm convinced they are being pushed deliberately further and further down the list for State help, along with other severely disabled people - those who will never be "contributors " to society in the eyes of the powers that be.

It's dreadful when most of those dementia sufferers have worked and contributed at least up until the time the horrible disease finally put paid to their ability to work, then when they need help every possible obstacle is wheeled out to make the process as difficult as possible. Totally incensed on your behalf LadyA.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I shouldn't feel better about it - but I do! The care assistant got a mild taste of what William can be like this morning! William was NOT getting dressed. William did NOT want him in the room. William was NOT having his pad changed. No, William would NOT lift his foot. No, William would NOT sit down. And oh boy - when it came to actually getting the soaking pad off! I had to hold his hands while the guy took off the pad and cleaned him - and I was barely able to hold him. I can hear the Powers that Be whispering in their offices "Abuse!" I would be glad to let them do the job!

ps. I say the care assistant got a mild taste, because neither of us actually got hit! :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I shouldn't feel better about it - but I do! The care assistant got a mild taste of what William can be like this morning! William was NOT getting dressed. William did NOT want him in the room. William was NOT having his pad changed. No, William would NOT lift his foot. No, William would NOT sit down. And oh boy - when it came to actually getting the soaking pad off! I had to hold his hands while the guy took off the pad and cleaned him - and I was barely able to hold him. I can hear the Powers that Be whispering in their offices "Abuse!" I would be glad to let them do the job!

ps. I say the care assistant got a mild taste, because neither of us actually got hit! :)

Well at least it's now been seen and, hopefully recognised for what it is. Now, if somebody would just pull their finger out and get on and HELP you...:mad::confused::(

Rathbone

May 17, 2014
West Sussex
If the care assistant were only the one with the purse strings LadyA :rolleyes:, you'd be on a dead cert for the next donation. Tough on the care assistant, but then justice often is wouldn't you say? Still rooting for you. X Shelagh:)

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I 'm of the mind to say that, within reaason, the more times William plays up to the care assistant the better. I say within reason, because the last thing I want is for him to stop coming for reasons of personal safety, but the message about how difficultt William can be is being witnessed by someone independant will get passed on and cannot hurt your cause at all.....

Only 21 days till August......not that I'm counting!!;) ( my daughter is expeting another baby during the first week:D:D or two or three weeks:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....she has a late delivery habit!!!!:rolleyes:)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
The care assistant is not worried about his safety! He's huge, super fit, and strong as an ox! Extremely good at his job too and like a lot of big men, really gentle with the vulnerable.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozziegirl