Between a Rock and a Hard Place/Stressed Out

DMac

Jul 18, 2015
Surrey, UK
Keep posting!

I'd great hopes for this forum,but seems to be the blind leading the blind! /QUOTE]

Sorry, Vicnor, I must take issue with this comment. Yes, it's true that everyone's journey is different. No individual's experience is ever likely to mirror another's. But without doubt, there is a wealth of experience here that is helpful to tap into.

To give just one example, about 2 months ago I disabled my mum-in-law's car to stop her driving. It was advice on this forum that spurred me in to doing that. Who knows how many lives have been saved as a result of that action, which came about because someone, somewhere, saw my dilemma and showed me a way out of it? It's fair to say, it was not the perfect solution. It caused quite a lot of stress to my mum-in-law (the driver) and other members of the family whilst she worried about the car being 'broken' and 'why won't anyone get it fixed'! But the problem was eventually resolved when one day recently she spontaneously agreed to let the car go. It has now been sold, thankfully.

So, yes, there may only be hindsight available, but there are many valuable insights as well, along with a few opinions that you may or may not agree with! ;) But keep posting, and hopefully someone, somewhere, will help you. Good luck. xx

JackieJames

Dec 31, 2014
USA
I'd great hopes for this forum,but seems to be the blind leading the blind! /QUOTE]

Sorry, Vicnor, I must take issue with this comment. Yes, it's true that everyone's journey is different. No individual's experience is ever likely to mirror another's. But without doubt, there is a wealth of experience here that is helpful to tap into.

To give just one example, about 2 months ago I disabled my mum-in-law's car to stop her driving. It was advice on this forum that spurred me in to doing that. Who knows how many lives have been saved as a result of that action, which came about because someone, somewhere, saw my dilemma and showed me a way out of it? It's fair to say, it was not the perfect solution. It caused quite a lot of stress to my mum-in-law (the driver) and other members of the family whilst she worried about the car being 'broken' and 'why won't anyone get it fixed'! But the problem was eventually resolved when one day recently she spontaneously agreed to let the car go. It has now been sold, thankfully.

So, yes, there may only be hindsight available, but there are many valuable insights as well, along with a few opinions that you may or may not agree with! ;) But keep posting, and hopefully someone, somewhere, will help you. Good luck. xx

DMac:
I think that advice was brilliant. We may not have the answers to this disease, but who better than those who personally deal with it on a day-to-day basis to relate our issues to? I find the support and caring here invaluable and am grateful. I have checked sites in my Country, US, and nothing comes close to this site. Also, much information in the Reading Room, videos, links, etc. I am so grateful to everyone here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch