Being accused of stealing her hinges

bdmid

Dec 4, 2013
Bristol
I need help, accused of taking things

Mum was diagnosed with VD at beginning do this year, though has been 'odd' for lot longer. She lives on her own but my brother and I do a day about, so one of us are with her every day. With the help of this site, we have struggled thro until now. Her short term memory is shot but long term, oh boy now, I am being accused and my granddaughter has been also, very aggressively that I have stolen a cylinder vacuum which she did own but over 30 years ago along with other ancient items long ago disposed of or broken. Normally by changing subjects works for a short time, but It's the sheer level of verbal aggression that has thrown me this time, the heaving sobs and tears that go with it, the only thing I can do to stop a full scale row is to leave her which makes us feel awful. Has anyone any ideas on how to get past this

Last edited by a moderator:

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I think you need to get back onto the Dr and get her checked for a urine infection. Then ask Dr to get SS involved as it sounds like you need to take a step back for a while. Would she allow carers in to help you?

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hello bdmid....It is so horrible the agression that comes out of nowhere. I suppose the only way of dealing with it would be to say something like " I saw it was missing....I wonder if it's at the menders" You become adept at avoiding the truth and making things up at speed for self-preservation, and yes....keep walking away if it gets too much.Has Mum had an assessment from the Soc. Services, and is she on any medication? Could she have the old enemy a UTI...they cause tremendous problems and mood changes.

Keep us up to date...Maureen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare