Barrier creams for incontinence

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by witts1973, Dec 12, 2019.

1. witts1973

witts1973 Registered User

Jun 20, 2018
    Male
    Leamington Spa
    Thanks,I'm seeing the distict nurse tomorrow,I have a tube of pro shield barrier cream as a carer mentioned it a couple of weeks ago and so I ordered some from Amazon,then I remembered that they can't use it if it hasn't been prescribed,so it just sits in a draw

2. jugglingmum

jugglingmum Registered User

Jan 5, 2014
    Female
    Chester
    I've regularly had my asthma inhalers refused. I only get 30 days worth on a prescription, I work and have to balance when I can pick them up. If I order too early it is refused and then when I collect it is too late to order to get them in time. Happened so many times and then I get ill as I don't have inhalers. I'm assuming it is a budget issue.

3. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Try some research on
    NHS formulary <hospital/trust/CCG/...>

4. Lawson58

Lawson58 Registered User

That sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Just another way of wasting NHS funds and making life more complicated than it has to be.