Auctioning a property???

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
I have been trying to sell a buy to let that my mum inherited since Feb 😱😱 Twice buyers have withdrawn - for different reasons. We have been completEly upfront about the issues. One reason probably an absent landlord.

im now thinking about auctioning. Each month goes past mum is paying council tax, insurance etc plus the stress / hassle for me which of course costs me but I get no payment for 😢😢

Ive done a bit of research so understand the process but I wonder if anyone has done this?

I assume I can’t market it generally and arrange for auction at the same time???

dora

Aug 1, 2007
England
We inherited a property and it did not sell for a year. We put it up for auction, which was a painless process. Luckily 2 different people were interested and bid against each other so we got a reasonable price. Pm me for more details.

Dirge

Dec 20, 2022
I sold my parents property by auction when my father passed away and there was no chance of my mother coming out of care, whilst getting all the paperwork in place was a bind I would certainly recommend it. We had several bidders all going against each other and the sale price far exceeded what we would have got on the open market, plus you can get the purchaser to pay all the fees.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Thanks both - I’m in conversation with a reputable auction and think we will give this a shot!