1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

at peace.....

Discussion in 'End of life care' started by tinap, Apr 14, 2015.

1. tinap

tinap Registered User

Nov 2, 2014
    west midlands
    Love you forever mom.....
    My wonderful mom's suffering ended at 11.48 last night. I feel numb at the moment and still can't believe it's happened.my beautiful courageous little mom fought to the very last breath I have comfort in knowing I was there with her, she was terrified of being alone so this was my last gift to this wonderful woman who was and always will be my world.She gave me the most precious memory just before she lost her hold on this when she squeezed my hand and told I love you and will love you forever I gave her a huge hug and her I will love her forever and to not be afraid because she will always be with me. Those were the last eligible words she spoke and as meant so much. Be at peace mommy you deserve the rest night night and sweet dreams xxxxxxxx

2. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    I am sorry to hear about your mum's passing, but she knew your love right to the end. Wishing you strength. x

3. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    How heartbreaking but for your sake, and your Mum's, I'm glad she is now at peace. Some sufferers fight and others don't -there's no way of telling why- but when they let go and the suffering goes, we have to accept that there is no pain left for the sufferer. A different pain is felt by those left behind-and I know it hurts; however, I hope you will be able to find strength in remembering those loving words.

Wishing you peace and strength for the times ahead.

Love,

Lyn T XX

4. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was the most peaceful and serene passing.

5. Roses40

Roses40 Registered User

Jan 25, 2015
    manchester
    My condolences to you on your loss. So glad your Mums suffering has ended. Love Rose x

6. katie1

katie1 Registered User

Aug 5, 2014
    Kendal Cumbria
    Your wonderful Mum loved you, you loved her and she knew that ....right until the end, and that love will go on, that love is so strong it will never end
    She is at peace.

7. Acco

Acco Registered User

Oct 3, 2011
    So sorry to learn of your loss but very pleased you were together in those final precious moments, and that you have those last wonderful words to treasure always. My condolences to you and a wish for strength in the coming difficult days and weeks.

8. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Sending my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

9. WIFE

WIFE Registered User

May 23, 2014
    WEST SUSSEX
    Thinking of you with loving thoughts as you begin your long journey coming to terms with the passing of your Mother. Take care of yourself now. WIFE

10. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Sending my condolences.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

11. Soobee

Soobee Registered User

Aug 22, 2009
    South
    Also sending condolences - I hope being there with her provides some comfort to you.

12. Tin

Tin Registered User

May 18, 2014
    UK
    So very sorry, stay strong for the time ahead. Take care.

13. tinap

tinap Registered User

Nov 2, 2014
    west midlands
    Thank you to all of you for your kindness it's very much appreciated I'm in a very dark place at the moment I lost my dad at a very young age was the only child and it might sound mad but I feel like ean orphan right now. I feel robbed of precious years I could have had with my parents mom was 76 and my dad just 38 but I am truly grateful for the wonderful people I can call my parents and I will be forever grateful to my amazing mom who has given me comfort with her last words. God bless to all of you who have travelled and still travelling this journey xxx

14. clareglen

clareglen Registered User

Jul 9, 2013
    Cumbria
    So sorry for your loss, but she's at peace now.

15. reedysue

reedysue Registered User

Nov 4, 2014
    Scotland
    Sending my condolences

16. CCM2013

CCM2013 Registered User

Feb 7, 2013
    London
    I send my deepest sympathies and understanding - I lost my dad this morning and am just devastated wondering how I will ever cope in a world without my much loved dad. What a truly awful disease this is.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

17. Pickles53

Pickles53 Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Radcliffe on Trent
    Deepest sympathy to you and your family. May you find comfort and peace.

18. patsy56

patsy56 Registered User

Jan 14, 2015
    Fife Scotland
    please pass on my condolences to your family and please take care of yourself

19. geum123

geum123 Registered User

May 20, 2009
    I'm so very sorry. xxxx

20. LeedsLass

LeedsLass Registered User

Oct 13, 2014
    Essex
    Just read your post Tinap so comforting that you and your mum were able to communicate your love for each other as I can with my Mum. Hope you are coping x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point