1. Mibs

Mibs Registered User

May 26, 2014
    Derbyshire
    Anyone had any experience with these patches? Any thoughts?

2. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    I can't see why they wouldn't work and probably be more reliable if someone is prone to forgetting to take their medication, assuming the patch doesn't have to be re-applied daily. The technology is well proven and has been around for a while although it's not that widely used. I do know nicotine patches work and contraceptive implants are widely used so I can't see why not.
    K

3. Mibs

Mibs Registered User

May 26, 2014
    Derbyshire
    Probably not cost effective but suggested by carer to alleviate side effects - I'll ask the doc.

4. Concerned J

Concerned J Registered User

Jun 15, 2014
    London
    Mum was on the tablets - made her very nauseous and very upset using them. Patches have no side effects. Had some issues about where she should put them on her body but seems a lot happier with them.

5. angecmc

angecmc Registered User

Dec 25, 2012
    hertfordshire
    My Mum had the patches for a while, but she was allergic to them ended up with large bumps and redness around the area of the patch

Ange

6. Ranth

Ranth Registered User

May 31, 2015
    use of the patches

My friends mother used these and they worked for her. A chart is used so that the patches are moved around the body and not always on the same area of skin t avoid irritation.