• Expert Q&A: Rare dementias - Tues 3 March, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of rare dementias. It will be hosted by Nikki and Seb from Rare Dementia Support. If you have any questions about rare dementias, they will be here to answer them on Tuesday 3 March between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Aricept patches

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I can't see why they wouldn't work and probably be more reliable if someone is prone to forgetting to take their medication, assuming the patch doesn't have to be re-applied daily. The technology is well proven and has been around for a while although it's not that widely used. I do know nicotine patches work and contraceptive implants are widely used so I can't see why not.
K

Concerned J

Jun 15, 2014
London
Mum was on the tablets - made her very nauseous and very upset using them. Patches have no side effects. Had some issues about where she should put them on her body but seems a lot happier with them.

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
My Mum had the patches for a while, but she was allergic to them ended up with large bumps and redness around the area of the patch

Ange

Ranth

May 31, 2015
use of the patches

Anyone had any experience with these patches? Any thoughts?
My friends mother used these and they worked for her. A chart is used so that the patches are moved around the body and not always on the same area of skin t avoid irritation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda909