any help please


Registered User
Apr 29, 2006
my mum had a stroke 2 years ago [she is now 84]and now has vascular dementia.she gets very confused and finds everyday living very difficult.she lives in her own home as she refuses to move in with me so i collect her every day she spends the day with me and goes home in the evening to watch t v and sleep.well over the last week she has got a lot worse she is very confused and seems to spend all her time asleep or staring into space [she has not had another stroke]i cannot interest her in please any advice as i am now at my wits end i try to get her to do things but she forgets almost as soon as the words have left my mouth...


Registered User
Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Kitty,
Have you had mum to the doctor or the doctor out to see your mum? From what others say I know Urinary Tract Infections can increase confusion; maybe a urine test should be done. I know that there are "mini strokes" that are almost imperceptible but can cause changes.
No back to my original question, has mum seen the doctor, that must be your first port of call?
Best wishes, Amy


Registered User
Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Kitty
Amy has given you some good advice.
You need help and it all starts with the GP.
Get Mum to him, or ask him to call and then get in touch, or ask Dr to do it for you with, Social Services
There is help available,but see the GP,do it soon.
Let us know how you get on and if you need any further advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Latest member