another funny!! dementia thing

maggie6445

Thank you. I might ask at the group .

And another... My OH had clean pyjamas last night. After he'd eaten breakfast there was porridge stuck to the top and bits of tissue .
Me: oh,.you've messed up your top
OH: it wasn't me!
Me: it's your top, you're wearing it. Of course it's you. ( I laughed)
OH: it wasn't me. It was one of the others .
Those others in our house get blamed a lot 😂😂

maggie6445

And.. I posted this on a reply to another person who was unsure whether to apologise.
I tried to apologise the other day for losing my cool while getting him showered.
He was adamant it wasn't me that had shouted. He told me it was that horrid lady in the other room!
Oh well ,if you say so ,I thought to myself😂😂

Cardinal

And.. I posted this on a reply to another person who was unsure whether to apologise.
I tried to apologise the other day for losing my cool while getting him showered.
He was adamant it wasn't me that had shouted. He told me it was that horrid lady in the other room!
Oh well ,if you say so ,I thought to myself😂😂
That made me laugh.

maggie6445

And finally for this evening:
Sitting at home watching TV:
OH: is there a toilet in this building?
Me: yes, upstairs . I'll take you up
After using the bathroom and sitting back watching TV.
OH : well that was hard wasn't it getting past all those overgrown trees?
Err, over grown trees ? I didn't see those 😂😂 maybe too many pantos recently sleeping beauty and jack and the beanstalk😂😂

Kevinl

I got shaken awake and dragged out of bed one night, "quick get into the wardrobe" my wife said, why I asked "because it's a spaceship" I was told...to infinity and beyond when you're dealing with dementia.
You have to learn to live in their world because yhey can't live in ours.
K

sdmhred

ooh I love the spaceship!
we were walking back into the care home today - it was my university hall of residence apparently- the 80 and 90 year olds would have been chuffed!

tonebear

😂😂The slippers especially made me laugh .
I was telling my daughter yesterday about the things my OH had said this week.they are coming thick and fast at the moment.
I said I ought to write a book. You know the type 'The Things children say ' or ' Funny Exam Answers' She said why don't you and sell it to raise money for the local dementia group.
I thought it a good idea but wasn't sure if others would view it in bad taste. 😊
If there were anyone out there that viewed such a book as bad taste they need to walk in our shoes.

Rishile

An amusing conversation this morning:

OH: Oh, I wonder where he is going. He's going a strange way
Me: Who?
OH: That plane - he's going over the North Sea
Me: There are no planes out there at the moment
OH: Oh, I thought there was

You can't argue with that logic.

maggie6445

An amusing conversation this morning:

OH: Oh, I wonder where he is going. He's going a strange way
Me: Who?
OH: That plane - he's going over the North Sea
Me: There are no planes out there at the moment
OH: Oh, I thought there was

You can't argue with that logic.
😂😂
Bedtime last night
Me: come on , it's time to go to bed
OH: I'll go and put my shoes and coat on
You couldn't make them up!

The other morning I woke and OH was sitting up awake.
Me: Oh ,your awake already
OH: I'm tired, I've been working in the street helping to sort out the electric.
Me: really?
The odd thing is 15 minutes later we had a power cut. Electric off for 20 mins and the street next to us had 40 homes with out power for 5 hours!
Coincidence ,I know but couldn't help thinking he had something to do with it😂😂😂😂

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
😂😂

The odd thing is 15 minutes later we had a power cut. Electric off for 20 mins and the street next to us had 40 homes with out power for 5 hours!
Coincidence ,I know but couldn't help thinking he had something to do with it😂😂😂😂

Oh now that is spooky! 😱

Helly68

Me with my father.....
"Where did you put the cash Daddy?"
My father "not in the cash box, way too obvious for thieves"
Me "well I suppose so. Where did you put it?"
My Father "In the sack of compost, they'll never find it there!"
Me (to myself) "we will never find it either there......"
Daddy, weeks later "you'll never guess what I found in the compost"............

colpatben

I will apologise for this content first.

As some readers will know My Patsy likes her GnTs always in a highball glass and at any time during our long days 🥂

This morning after her first, she indicated the height up the glass she wanted and said:

'I only want about 3 inches' 😔.

Don't you just love em.

Colin

maggie6445

And another...
We were in a restaurant on holiday last summer. There was a large mirror wall and OH was smiling and nodding at his reflection. He whispered to me "I've seen those people in cafes a lot when we've been in"
Bless him no longer recognises himself or me !

Cardinal

My husband insists he knows people he’s actually never met before. We were in a small room at a restaurant. Each time someone was seated at a table he insisted that he knew them, even though they were strangers. He then went up to each table to say high to strangers he thought were old friends. He told each table his name and they were kind enough to chat with him for a few minutes. I kept telling him the other dinners were strangers and to leave them alone. When we got ready to leave one of the tables called out his name and told him bye. Then the other diners did the same thing. My husband broke out in a big smile and said to me, “See I told you I knew them. Why else would they be telling me bye and how would they know my name?”

maggie6445

My husband insists he knows people he’s actually never met before. We were in a small room at a restaurant. Each time someone was seated at a table he insisted that he knew them, even though they were strangers. He then went up to each table to say high to strangers he thought were old friends. He told each table his name and they were kind enough to chat with him for a few minutes. I kept telling him the other dinners were strangers and to leave them alone. When we got ready to leave one of the tables called out his name and told him bye. Then the other diners did the same thing. My husband broke out in a big smile and said to me, “See I told you I knew them. Why else would they be telling me bye and how would they know my name?”
My OH is likely to behave similarly. He wears a badge that that says" I have dementia , please be patient"
People are always lovely with him when they notice it.

maggie6445

Yet again I've just had the following conversation. It usually follows on from news items.

OH: i need to get a job. I need to earn money.
Me : you don't need to work , you're retired
OH : I need you to take me to that shop in town with the green sign. The government said I have to work
Me: your 78 years old ,you don't have to work
OH: your kidding me, I'm not 78
What do you say to that😊

How does someone who can't tell time/ day, make a hot drink or sandwich and not recognise himself in a mirror know that the shop with the green sign is the job centre?? It's such a strange illness x

wurrienot

Dad's in hospital at the moment. He was transferred between 2 sites by ambulance. He told me that my non- driving son (who is away on holiday this week) was the ambulance driver. And they stopped along the way to pick blackberries - in mid February!!!

sdmhred

That’s NHS service for you 🤣🤣 a blackberry trip! When mum was last in hospital she thought she was in a boarding house in Devon and just a shame the other people were too ill to enjoy their holiday!

I find it amazing the things she’s been busy doing when she’s had a ‘bed day’…..always happy with her day tho!

what a strange life we lead!