another funny!! dementia thing

Anthoula

Apr 22, 2022
In our house it doesn`t matter what is spilt, broken, moved or missing, someone else did it according to OH, and as there is only the 2 of us it means everything is my fault!!

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
In our house it doesn`t matter what is spilt, broken, moved or missing, someone else did it according to OH, and as there is only the 2 of us it means everything is my fault!!
Oh no i @Anthoula , not you. It's the others. We have a house full of them ! Usually the other lady or them upstairs. Only me and him really but I let him think there's more. Sometimes wish there were😂😂😂 never him if he's done something wrong ,the other told him to

Cardinal

Oct 4, 2023
Everything is also my fault. Unfortunately sometimes he’s correct and it is my fault.

Bizzy

Jul 28, 2023
MIL has no sense of time at all. One time while phoning husband middle of the night:
Husband: Mum, go back to bed, it's middle of the night.
MIL: It might be middle of the night where you are, but it's not here.

She lives a mile down the road. Obviously a different time zone!!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh no i @Anthoula , not you. It's the others. We have a house full of them ! Usually the other lady or them upstairs. Only me and him really but I let him think there's more. Sometimes wish there were😂😂😂 never him if he's done something wrong ,the other told him to
its the fairies that does it not me. they get every where!!!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I used to get feed up of things going missing, turn up in the wrong place or not where I thought Id left them, problem is now I'm alone it continues to happen.
Best one my wife did was to put her shoes in the fridge because her feet were too hot.
Certain logic in it I suppose. K

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
MIL has no sense of time at all. One time while phoning husband middle of the night:

Love this 😂😂

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
😃😃 Wish mine had funny moments but love reading some of these on here. I just seem to get aggression and nasty comments unfortunately,

Cerisy

Jun 9, 2021
The putting thing into the fridge is a classic. I’ve just found the hand soap dispenser from the kitchen sink in the fridge - what??? Although it does remind me to stop changing things - the old dispenser had broken so I got new ones with pretty coloured soap in them. Obviously the red soap looked like a fruit juice and had to go back into the fridge. Keeps me on my toes 🤣👍

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
The putting thing into the fridge is a classic. I’ve just found the hand soap dispenser from the kitchen sink in the fridge - what??? Although it does remind me to stop changing things - the old dispenser had broken so I got new ones with pretty coloured soap in them. Obviously the red soap looked like a fruit juice and had to go back into the fridge. Keeps me on my toes 🤣👍
😂Visual perception .odd how things can be misinterpreted.

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
I have found it difficult to replace something that is broken.

My OH had a watch that his father have him for his 18th birthday so was precious to him. The elastic strap broke so we went to a jewellers to get it replaced. They could not match the strap so offered to replace it with a leather strap. OH was convinced the jewellers had stolen his watch because they did not give him HIS watch. It took me a while to figure out what he was thinking. Sadly, it totally ruined the watch for him and he won't wear it now. I have since brought him a very cheap watch and he won't go anywhere without that.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
While my OH was awaiting diagnosis he misinterpreted things. Still does!
We were sitting in a car showroom , it was raining heavily and we could see a car parked just outside the window. My OH said" look at all those insects running on the window" . It was raindrops!
Definitely knew he wouldn't be driving the new car!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Years ago our middle (then child) waved out the kitchen window to someone, my wife asked who he was waving to, the lady with the green dog he said.
I knew who he meant, that's how we found out like me he's colour blind too.
I know dogs don't come in a green colour scheme, so Id go light to mid tan as a colour if asked, pretty much the same as green.
Being colour blind means you cant fly a plane or drive a train, not career limiting so I went into graphic design, just as a challenge. K

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Years ago our middle (then child) waved out the kitchen window to someone, my wife asked who he was waving to, the lady with the green dog he said.
I knew who he meant, that's how we found out like me he's colour blind too.
I know dogs don't come in a green colour scheme, so Id go light to mid tan as a colour if asked, pretty much the same as green.
Being colour blind means you cant fly a plane or drive a train, not career limiting so I went into graphic design, just as a challenge. K
Not dementia funny but my ex is colour blind. I left him wallpapering while I went shopping. He had put a wall and a half up before I went. When I came back there was one sheet in the room that he hadn't matched up correctly . paper was horizontal zig zag pink , blue lilac. When I said that there was this odd sheet he looked aghast. and said" You didn't tell me there were different colours!"
Well I didn't know he didn't know. After all he'd done half the room before I went out.More by luck than judgement it seems

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Pink and lilac are the same colours. A few days ago shopping with mrs next door I went shopping for some trainers, the ones I liked wasn't an option when she pointed out what I thought was gray was actually pink, well, whatever...K

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Being colour blind means you cant fly a plane or drive a train,
Going off topic

During WW2 the RAF would have welcomed you as an observer, you could see though some enemy camouflage,

Also traffic lights to help with colour blindness
Red - contains yellow
Amber - contains red
Green - contains blue

Last edited:

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset

I had that with The Banjoman but he was ten miles down the road! 🙃 🙃

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Red is the one at the top, green is the one at the bottom, why red and green on so many things when red/green colour blindness is the most common kind.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
I went for test for my eyes etc. When the optician said I was colour blind, it came right out of the purple!