Anna

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Frederick,
I am so sorry to hear your news. Please accept my condolences in this difficult time.

Please take care of yourself and keep in touch when you feel up to it. We will always be happy to hear from you.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Frederick,
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved Anna. Please try and take comfort from knowing you cared for her in the very best way, and that she is now at peace. My heart goes out to you.

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Dear Frederick,
I am sorry to read your sad news.
Anna will always live on in your heart and in the memory of all those who knew and loved her.
May you find peace and consolation in your precious memories!
God bless.

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex

Thank you folks for your kind wishes,but where do i go from here? Every time I see the clothes that anna wore,or her photos,I burst into tears,I loved her so much,she will be buried next wenesday.I wish I was going with her.
I have lost my best friend,I am 80 years old and I wish I was dead too,Anna died a week after her 74th brthday
Is there a guaranteed painless way of committing suicide/

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear frederick, I can hear your pain, and I have some understanding of where you are at, as I was widowed myself.

For a start, you have cared for Anna so well, and loved her; can you honestly say that she would be wanting you to feel as you do.

Moreover, if your positions were reversed, would you really expect her to be asking that very question of us. No, I hope not.

I cannot comfort you as I would like, please phone the Samaritians and just talk to them. Or let them listen......you can tell them all about your wonderful lady, they are good at listening.

Let the tears fall my love, and stay in touch with us here on TP. We are here for you.

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Frederick, you have moved me to tears. Why? Because my Dad is in the same position as you, he is completely lost without my Mum, we lost her on the 8th September, her Funeral was on the 17th, their wedding anniversary on the 20th. I know in my heart that Dad wants to be with Mum, they idolised each other. But I need my Dad and I want him with me, but I don't know if My brother, sister and I are enough for him.
They were married for 49 years, Mum had been with him since she was 14, he was 17, it breaks my heart to look at him.
Some mornings I wake and I pray that Dad is still with us[i'm sure you know what I mean]. Please stay with us Frederick, we really care, Love and Hugs,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Frederick

I tgoo know exactly how you feel. There seems to be nothing left to live for, no reason to get up in the morning, nothing whatever to look forward to.

Please do not consider suicide, there are so many people here who care about you.

Talk to us here on TP, there are so many who understand your pain. Do as Connie suggests and ring Samaritans. I promise you, they'll understand, and will encourage you to talk about Anna for as long as you like.

I think you should also ring the doctor in the morning. You should tell him exactly how you feel, perhaps he can give you something to tide you over this awful time.

Frederick, don't be afraid to talk to people. How you feel is absolutely normal, and people understand.

Love and hugs,

Doreen99

Jan 12, 2008
Sheffield
Dear Frederick

I know how you feel - just like I did when my partner of 34 years died suddenly from a heart attack. I'm afraid there is no sure-fire, painless way to kill yourself - I know, I've researched the subject.

I find the Samaritans to be a real lifeline, they are totally non-judgemental and you can phone them any time, day or night.

You should also contact CRUSE,I had some excellent grief counselling from them.

It hurts so much, and everything seems pointless, but you will be able to find a reason to live, just hang in there and make sure you share your feelings with somebody - it really does help.

Please take care of yourself.

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Hi,
Just wanted to say sorry, I have just re read my post to Frederick last night, and I feel I talked about my own problems too much, when it was all about Frederick feeling desperate and needing help and advice. I hope you're ok today Frederick, Thinking of you, Love,

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Dear Frederick,
Just wanted to add how sorry I am to hear of your loss of your dear Anna. Please take care of yourself, we are all here for you at anytime. Please keep in touch. Big HUGS to you.
Snooky xx

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
[]
I buried my wife Anna,Wednesday morning,the night before I haf her home for her last night,so Sarah and I could say goodbye properly,She looked lovely dressed in her Temple Garments,so peaceful,I kissed her goodbye,and stayed next to her coffin the whole night.
The next day I was in tears though I struggled to contain them,as I watched her coffin lowered to the bottom of the grave.There were many flowers,and some people had given me cheques which I will give to the Alzheimers Society in remembrance.
I have had many good wishes from friends and here on T.P.
Today I was able to get a few odd jobs done,so,very slowly.I will be returning to a more normal frame od mind.butthere are many little things that constantly remind me of her,some wonderful shared moments,and I realise how priveliged I was to have known her for more than forty years.She will live on in my heart and my thoughts forever,She is at peace now,no more confusion,or pain,she is re-unted with her mother and father,and sister and brother,The Lord has gone to prepare a place for her.I hope that one day I may be found worthy to join her there.Thank you talking point,and all the kind people who have replied to this thread.I hope that I have not been too mawkish for you.Good Night and God Bless
Frederick.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Frederick

thank you for letting us know how things are now.

Your description was very moving and to bring Anna home for a last night such a good thing to do.

Somehow I always find burials better than cremations, perhaps because there is a definite place to be able to go afterwards, and to reflect on past happiness - to commune with the person.

I'm pleased that you have been able to do a few normal things again, but most particularly because you are already feeling Anna's presence in lots of things around you.

Anna will always be there with you, the main change is that she can't be there physically now. That is a double edged sword - on the one hand we want them with us, to touch and to hold, yet now Anna is freed from the grip of dementia and is at peace.

Do please continue to let us know at the forum how you are getting on, and if we can help in some way - but also, when you feel able, it would be good if you could help others who follow your path.

best wishes

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Frederick.

Thank you for your post.

Bruce has said everything I would have liked to have said, only with much more eloquence.

I hope you find peace in the coming months.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
What a moving description of Anna's funeral. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Anna will always be with you, and gradually you will remember the good times and put to the back of your mind the suffering of the past few years.

Anna will always have a place here on TP too, though we did not know her as you did. But your place will also be here for you, whenever you choose to join us.

Love,

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
I think you need have no doubts that, when the time is right, you will be with your beloved Anna. Such love is certainly meant to be for Eternity.