Alzheimer's

Almena

Feb 23, 2020
Hello my name lola and I am interested in the talking point with others giving and receiving support. I am just noticing my father loosing wait could this have anything to do with the dementia that he has? Any suggestions plse anyone?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Welcome to the forum. There are various reasons why someone may start losing weight and more details would be useful - is your father eating and drinking well? If so, and he is continuing to lose weight, speak to the doctor/gp about this so that checks can be carried out to see if there is any medical reason for the weight loss.

If the problem is that your father is not eating well it may help to have someone with him at mealtimes to help prompt him. Problems with teeth/gums can also cause problems with eating, or it could also be that he is at late/end stage but it's difficult to advise without knowing more about your father and what stage he is at. If you can post up some more information then people will hopefully be able to provide suggestions. In the meantime this fact sheet about eating & drinking problems may be helpful: https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/daily-living/eating-drinking#content-start

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch