Alzheimer's Research Trust

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by Pat1066, May 23, 2008.

1. Pat1066

Pat1066 Registered User

Sep 25, 2007
    London
    Hi All

I'm not sure whether some of you are aware of this, but I thought it would be useful information to post.

The Alzheimer's Research Trust is the Uk's leading research charity for dementia. They fund vital research into the causes, treatment and prevention of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. They also provide free information on dementia and the treatments currently available.

If you would like to help or need information, here are their details.

www.alzheimers-research.org.uk

enquiries@alzheimers-research.org.uk

Alzheimer's Research Trust
    The Stables
    Station Road
    Gt Shelford
    Cambridge
    CB22 5LR

Telephone: 01223 843899

Registered Charity no: 1077089

Thank you for reading my post.

2. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    Thanks for that Link have not been to that site for a long time .

Read that from that link you left , I also find it shocking that funding for AZ research is Just 3%

Well said Terry about Cancer AZ. I never new that Terry Pratchett OBE, is Patron, of Alzheimer's Research Trust

3. samanthal

samanthal Registered User

Jul 14, 2008
    Alzheimer's Research Trust Campaign

don't know if you've heard, but the trust has recently partnered up with amuso.com to target the younger generation to raise awareness about Alzheimer's. I think its a great idea, because all people need to do is to send in a picture that shows alzheimer patients that they're not alone in this battle against alzheimer's. Here's the link :
    http://www.amuso.com/gameshows/Impact/Alzheimer-s---You-re-Never-Alone-1

Also there's been word that if it's big enough, the site will sponsor a donation to the trust like it has with the other campaigns for cancer research and prevention.

4. janey21

janey21 Registered User

Mar 11, 2004
    sunderland
    hello,

i have just done the great north run for alzhiemers society and raised money for research. i cared for my grandad full time for the past 8 years who sadly passed away in june this year. we really need to put lots of money into researchng this terrible disease.

xxx