Alzheimer's Research Trust

Pat1066

Sep 25, 2007
London
Hi All

I'm not sure whether some of you are aware of this, but I thought it would be useful information to post.

The Alzheimer's Research Trust is the Uk's leading research charity for dementia. They fund vital research into the causes, treatment and prevention of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. They also provide free information on dementia and the treatments currently available.

If you would like to help or need information, here are their details.

www.alzheimers-research.org.uk

enquiries@alzheimers-research.org.uk

Alzheimer's Research Trust
The Stables
Station Road
Gt Shelford
Cambridge
CB22 5LR

Telephone: 01223 843899

Registered Charity no: 1077089

Thank you for reading my post.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Thanks for that Link have not been to that site for a long time .

"Alzheimer’s is a nasty disease, surrounded by shadows and small, largely unseen tragedies. I understand the desperation of sufferers and their carers and their hopes for, if not a cure, at least some regime that might help us live with Alzheimer’s. Frankly, I’d eat the **** out of a dead mole if it offered a fighting chance. It was a shock to find out that funding for Alzheimer’s research is just 3% of that to find cancer cures. Right now, one thing we can do is make certain that Alzheimer’s does not remain out in the shadows. Once upon a time, cancer was only spoken of as “a long illness”. When people felt able to talk about it, the battle could begin. The same thing can happen with Alzheimer’s. Before you can kill the demon, you have to say its name.

Read that from that link you left , I also find it shocking that funding for AZ research is Just 3%

Well said Terry about Cancer AZ. I never new that Terry Pratchett OBE, is Patron, of Alzheimer's Research Trust

samanthal

Jul 14, 2008
Alzheimer's Research Trust Campaign

don't know if you've heard, but the trust has recently partnered up with amuso.com to target the younger generation to raise awareness about Alzheimer's. I think its a great idea, because all people need to do is to send in a picture that shows alzheimer patients that they're not alone in this battle against alzheimer's. Here's the link :
http://www.amuso.com/gameshows/Impact/Alzheimer-s---You-re-Never-Alone-1

Also there's been word that if it's big enough, the site will sponsor a donation to the trust like it has with the other campaigns for cancer research and prevention.

janey21

Mar 11, 2004
sunderland
hello,

i have just done the great north run for alzhiemers society and raised money for research. i cared for my grandad full time for the past 8 years who sadly passed away in june this year. we really need to put lots of money into researchng this terrible disease.

xxx