Aftermath

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Here I am in Samur with my my sister. Our trip is almost over as we fly home Monday. We spent our first week in Paris. I have been here several times before but not my sister. We had cool, rainy and dismal weather the whole week we were in Paris. I didn't mind the coolness, as I dislike hot weather. But my sister normally vacations in Central America and Mexico so she wasn't at all impressed!

Fortunately the weather has been much brighter and warmer in Saumur. It's a much more relaxed place too. We did get to Fontevraud Abbey, where Eleanor of Aquitaine, Henry II of England and Richard the Lionhearted are buried. I've been a big fan of Eleanor for a long time. She was a most impressive woman.

Our first day in Paris Rudi emailed me that we got the apartment we wanted. I am so pleased. He's been a busy bee getting rid of a fair amount of junk. Good man!

So I have that to look forward to. All in all, a very positive time for me.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Wonderful news about the apartment Joanne!

I'm off to France in the middle of October with two friends.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
What will you do with your 3000 books?

I have already started the triage. It's not proving too difficult so far. I will probably keep 2000 or so. I can always get rid of more later. I've already promised several bookcases to a friend so I must dis encumber myself.

Getting rid of things is good for the soul.