1. Q&A: Medication - Thurs 22nd November, 3-4pm

    Do you have questions about medication and drug treatments for dementia? There's no drug to cure dementia yet, but it's often possible to relieve some symptoms.

    Our next expert Q&A will be hosted by Simon from our Knowledge Services team. He will be answering your questions on Thursday 22nd November from 3-4pm.

    You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

After an assessment

Discussion in 'Books, film and music' started by crybaby, Apr 12, 2018.

  1. crybaby

    crybaby Registered User

    Jan 8, 2017
    I had a chat with someone from the Alzheimer's Society today about what it might be possible for me to do following a decision by my local council team of assessors that my husband is not bad enough to be given help with Continuing Health Care (they said I was looking after him too well!).

    He recommended a book called "When does the NHS pay for Healthcare" which he said would be helpful, and was available from the Alzheimers Society shop. Unfortunately they deny all knowledge of it.

    Has anyone heard of this book, please?

  2. Soobee

    Soobee Registered User

    Aug 22, 2009
  3. crybaby

    crybaby Registered User

    Jan 8, 2017
    Thank you so much Soobee

    I'll try that
  4. crybaby

    crybaby Registered User

    Jan 8, 2017
    Thanks, Carmar, I did get that sort of suggestion from the guy who was running the carers' group I go to, and he suggested looking up the Alzheimers website, where they do actually list a whole heap of booklets which are free and which we really cannot do without!

    I sent for several, and am plowing my way through them. So many people have done So much to help us in our struggle.

    Hugs to everyone

Share This Page