Advice

Amber

Jan 4, 2011
West Sussex
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me advice please. My mum is currently in a care home, I am her appointee with DWP and her pension is paid into my bank account and I receive invoices from the local authority for her contribution to her care which I have to pay from her pension.
I don't want to be the appointee any more and have the responsibility of paying her care contributions but there are no other family members who could take over from me, I have 2 sisters who both live in Australia. I have been paying her care bills for about 5 years now and I just don't want the responsibility any more.
Does anyone know if the DWP can pay her pension direct to the local authority and if so, she is left with approx. £22 per week personal allowance so how would my mum receive that, could it be paid direct to her care home personal allowance account?

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me advice please. My mum is currently in a care home, I am her appointee with DWP and her pension is paid into my bank account and I receive invoices from the local authority for her contribution to her care which I have to pay from her pension.
I don't want to be the appointee any more and have the responsibility of paying her care contributions but there are no other family members who could take over from me, I have 2 sisters who both live in Australia. I have been paying her care bills for about 5 years now and I just don't want the responsibility any more.
Does anyone know if the DWP can pay her pension direct to the local authority and if so, she is left with approx. £22 per week personal allowance so how would my mum receive that, could it be paid direct to her care home personal allowance account?

Call the DWP I am sure they will have the answers;

jannyg

May 11, 2013

My Father-in Law is in a care home his pension is paid into his current account and the care home is paid on a direct debit. This means I do not have the on-going responsibility of regular bills and FiL has the balance of his pension in his account. The manager at the care home may have other suggestions.